Afer carrying out a MDS migration, I have errors and connectivity issues with logging. This is an MDS pair in HA. The IP addresses were changed during the migration using the /var/log/mdss.json file. The IP addresses of the CMAs have not been changed. All gateways are configured to log to either the active or standby management server. So, this means, currently, I am unable to see logs from the standby server.
In Smartconsole, Logs & Monitor, I see various errors such as:
- Problems have occurred during search
- Query resolution failed. Logs might not display properly
- Log resolution failed. Logs might not display properly
- Log server is disconnected (IP: XX.XX.XX.XX) - The IP is that of the old secondary MDS server
- Log Server is disconnected (IP:x.x.x.x) - IP is that of the secondary CMA
- Log Server is not configured (IP:x.x.x.x), make sure that you published all changes - This is the new IP of the MDS server
If I follow sk123593, the hosted_by_mds setting is correct and contains the name of the MDS server.
I also followed sk180104 with no effect.
If I look at the $RTDIR/conf/logServerConfig.xml file on both MDS servers and our SmartEvent server, I see the ProxyIp in each section as the old MDS server IP. I even edited this, although not sure if I should ahve, and replaced the incorrect IP addresses. This did not make any difference.
I am thinking there is a configuration somewhere that has not updated correctly in the migration. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Both old and new servers were running the same version, i.e. R81.10 with JHF take 55