Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lfcalves
Participant
Jump to solution

Policy installation failed on gateway - (Error code: 1-4000018)

Error Message on Policy Installation in Smartconsole: "Policy installation failed on gateway. If the problem persists contact Check Point support (Error code: 1-4000018)."

I never saw this error there is a solution?

In my research I did not find a solution.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
benko2
Participant

Exactly the same error appeared to me when I was installing the policy on R80.30 VPN gateway using the R80.40 management.
Analyzing all the policy changes from the time when policy installation was successful I realized that I edited the native application directly from SmartConsole instead of SmartDashboard. After deletion and recreation of the relevant (native application) object in the SmartDashboard, policy installation succeeded without any problems.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Policy installation process likely needs to be debugged with TAC assistance.

benko2
Participant

Exactly the same error appeared to me when I was installing the policy on R80.30 VPN gateway using the R80.40 management.
Analyzing all the policy changes from the time when policy installation was successful I realized that I edited the native application directly from SmartConsole instead of SmartDashboard. After deletion and recreation of the relevant (native application) object in the SmartDashboard, policy installation succeeded without any problems.

Jenni_Guerrica
Participant

We had the same issue.  We edited a Native application in the Legacy dashboard. After we were seeing Policy installation failed on gateway - (Error code: 1-4000018).  We created a new Native Application in Smart Console and updated the object in the Legacy Dashboard policy and was able to push.  This was random though.  We updated the Native application in Legacy dashboard a few times and wasn't seeing the policy actually update or getting the Policy installation fail.  It wasn't until after 5 or 6 pushes we started seeing the Policy Installation fail.  What we were seeing though is if you edit the object in Legacy dashboard it wasn't applying the new access to the gateway policy after a successful policy push to the gateway.  Once we recreated the object in Smart Console and added the additional access everything worked as expected.

We are running R80.30 Gateway with Jumbo 214 with R80.40 Mgmt running jumbo 87

biskit
Advisor

I'm glad I found this post as there's nothing on SecureKnowledge.  I've just had exactly the same issue too.  R80.40 Mgmt and R80.30 gateways.  I've been making loads of little tweaks to one native app today with no problems, and then boom, I get this error.

I deleted the native app and recreated it exactly the same again, and now policy installs again.  Pheww.

ErikTorres
Explorer

I had the same problem, but I did not delete and recreate the native application, what I did was the following:

1- I entered the smartDashboard
2- I opened the object/native application.
3- I changed anything or added anything.
4- Save
5- I published through the SmartConsole and installed policies in the SG

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Agree 100%...I did something very similar and it worked. Though one time, I just modified something trivial in policy and then it also worked. I thought this is stricvtly R81 issue, but I also saw it in R80.xx as well. 

Andy

0 Kudos
Dale_Lobb
Advisor

We just encountered this error for the first time today.  The situation was similar, but not exactly the same.

A couple of weeks ago, an admin changed a native application using the smart dashboard.  It was noticed some time afterwards that the native application was not working right.  Over several days, other changes were made to the native application in an attempt to address the issue which culminated today in the 1-4000018 error.  All these changes were made in Smart Dashboard.

After googling the error and reading this community article, the native application was examined in SmartConsole.  The Allowed Locations Advanced settings were found to be blank, even though they looked fine in Smart Dashboard earlier.

The native application was updated in SmartConsole, the update was published, and the policy push was then successful.   However, after that, other admins who were already in SmartConsole still found that native application's allowed locations to be blank.  Each had to exit and re-start SmartConsole before the native application appeared correctly with the correct allowed locations.

We are using R80.40 HFA take 118 on both management and gateways

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yea, it seems to me like it could be random, as not everyone has this problem...maybe worth checking with TAC.

0 Kudos
Matlu
Advisor

Hello,

Has anyone "dealt" with this message when installing policies?

Policy installation failed on gateway - (Error code: 0-3-2000173-1)

I can't find the error code in the Check Point documentation.

Any idea how to solve it?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey bro,

Never seen that exact error, but follow basic steps to check...SIC, routing, ping between gw and mgmt?

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/Reg-policy-installation-failed-on-gateway/m-p/193...

Andy

0 Kudos
Matlu
Advisor

I opened a case with the TAC.

Apparently, it is an "incompatibility" error between a MGMT R81.20 and GW which are in version R81.10.

I will wait for them to confirm if this is something common or new that is happening.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

What exactly do you mean "incompatibility"? Can you copy the response here?

Andy

0 Kudos
Matlu
Advisor

It was a comment made in a phone call.

I will have a remote session tomorrow.

I will update this post, so that it can be of help in the future.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

In my opinion, such a statement is very broad and does not really explain as to what they were referring to. Anyway, keep us posted how remote goes bro.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
Matlu
Advisor

Hello, Check Point Lovers 😎

Check Point, confirms that they have detected from several customers, an issue with R81.10.

The issue is about the installation of policies, and the error code that I exposed in this post.

Policy installation failed on gateway - (Error code: 0-3-2000173-1)

The temporary solution: Modify the IPS profiles you are working with in the GWs you have in production.

F2.png
I leave the TAC instructions for this.:

1.fisrt of all we need to check if the gateway has a policy -

# fw stat

-check if it has the old policy/ Initial policy

If it has the old policy-

Change the IPS profile (on the profile section in TP policy) to -

Performance impact to :Medium and Lower and

Low confidence to : Inactive

After that please check you also change it in the custom policy.

Push the Policy.

If it don’t have policy-

1.Remove all the files from below directories on problematic gateway.
#rm -v $FWDIR/ips/update/0/*
#rm -v $FWDIR/ips/update/1/*
#rm -v $FWDIR/ips/update/2/*

2.Upload file "sd_updates.upf" under $FWDIR/ips/update/cur/ on problematic gateway from the case attachment ( sd_updates.udf)

3.Change IPS profile same as the first scenario.

4.Install access control policy and install TP policy.
Solution Description: 1.fisrt of all we need to check if the gateway has a policy -

# fw stat

-check if it has the old policy/ Initial policy

If it has the old policy-

Change the IPS profile (on the profile section in TP policy) to -

After that please check you also change it in the custom policy.

Check Point confirmed that its development area is working on a FIX to correct this problem.

At the moment, they have it "mapped" only in version R81.10.

I hope this will help you in the future.

Cheers 🙂

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats good to know bro! I will say that ever since R80 came out, I always keep telling customers to ONLY enable IPS blade in the ips profile they want to use, if they are not using any other features listed there.

Thanks for sharing the update...GRACIAS 🙌

Andy

0 Kudos
ladeko
Participant
Participant

I met the issue with failed Access Control policy and Error code: 0-3-2000173-1 today on R81.10 VSX + MDS and based on your post I just changed these two options:

That way I was able to install the AC policy, but when I revert the IPS changes, installation fails again with the same error. So there is probably some broken IPS signature or something like that.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yea, that would make sense.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events