cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nigel_Dennison
Participant
Jump to solution

Exporting Visualization of URL filtering policy

Hi Does any one know of a way to get a export of the application and URL filtering policy in the same way as you can the security policy using Web Viz. I think there is a method for R80 but I need to get this from an R77.30 manager I do not seem to be able to find anything from the KB's and you can not do the handy right click copy as image on the rules so no backdoor grind way around it.

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Migrate export performs a cpstop on your management server.
If your gateway is on a separate server from your management, it will continue to pass traffic and will store logs locally until the management server is restarted.
On a standalone gateway (firewall and management on the same system), it will cause an outage.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The Web Visualization Tool in R77.x only supports the Access Policy.

In R80.x, the equivalent tool supports all policies.

What I would do is:

1. migrate export your R77.30 Manager using R80.x migration tools

2. Install R80.x in a VM

3. migrate import the R77.30 configuration 

4. Use Exporting Check Point configuration from Security Management Server into readable format using "Show... 

This also is a nice way to assess your readiness to upgrade to R80.x, which you should consider doing soon since R77.30 is nearing End of Support.

For licenses for the above, you can get a 30 day eval.

How to Request an Evaluation License

_shazwan_
Explorer
PhoneBoy wrote:

The Web Visualization Tool in R77.x only supports the Access Policy.

In R80.x, the equivalent tool supports all policies.

What I would do is:

1. migrate export your R77.30 Manager using R80.x migration tools

2. Install R80.x in a VM

3. migrate import the R77.30 configuration 

4. Use Exporting Check Point configuration from Security Management Server into readable format using "Show... 

This also is a nice way to assess your readiness to upgrade to R80.x, which you should consider doing soon since R77.30 is nearing End of Support.

For licenses for the above, you can get a 30 day eval.

How to Request an Evaluation License

Hi sir @PhoneBoy ,

Sorry for digging the old thread.

For item number 1, is there is any production impact if I perform it outside of office hours?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Migrate export performs a cpstop on your management server.
If your gateway is on a separate server from your management, it will continue to pass traffic and will store logs locally until the management server is restarted.
On a standalone gateway (firewall and management on the same system), it will cause an outage.

_shazwan_
Explorer

Noted sir.

Since I'm using MDS, shouldn't be any impact on production traffic while I'm performing migrate export.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events