cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pedro_Sentinela
Contributor
Jump to solution

Export Log to Excel CSV in Smart-1 Cloud

I need export the logs for a worksheet, but in smat-1 cloud generate a alert saying: "to export logs to excel, please use SmartView Web Aplplication." when i go to smart view application, the application dont load. SmartView monitor should work in smart-1 cloud? 

As the smartview web application is on top of the manager's ip and smart-1 has no manager how do I export the logs in this case?

somebody help me?
reference:

checkmates 1.png

checkmates 3.png

Captura de tela 2022-05-18 141502.png

checkmates 2.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

Exporting logs to csv should indeed be done from SmartView. You can easily access the SmartView logs page directly within the Smart-1 Cloud applications in the Infinity Portal. It is embedded as the Logs View.

Regarding the number of records, there is currently a limitation in Smart-1 Cloud of 1000 logs per export. This is documented in the Known Limitations:
https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Infinity_Portal/WebAdminGuides/EN/Check-Point-SmartCloud-Admin-...

We might re-evaluate and raise this limit in the future.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Go under "logs and events" under portal for smart-1 cloud and then on upper right right, click export and follow prompts, works 100%.

(1)
Pedro_Sentinela
Contributor

Logs&Monitor correct? 

I did the same thing I was trying on the console, but now smart-1 cloud and the result is the same.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

It should be done in the "LOGS & EVENTS" page in the Smart-1 Cloud application within the Infinity Portal (not in SmartConsole).

That page is the same as browsing to the smartview web application.

(1)
Pedro_Sentinela
Contributor

thank you this helped me a lot

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats exact same thing I was referring to :). Sorry if I used wrong wording.

(1)
Pedro_Sentinela
Contributor

I didn't know about this Log&Events page outside the console. thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Ayman_Almagairy
Participant
Participant

does anyone know a way to export more than 1001 entries? I chose to export up to 1 million records, but I got a spreadsheet with 10001 records only

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Don’t use SmartConsole to do the export, do it from SmartView or Infinity Portal.
If you are doing that and it’s not working, raise a TAC case.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

Exporting logs to csv should indeed be done from SmartView. You can easily access the SmartView logs page directly within the Smart-1 Cloud applications in the Infinity Portal. It is embedded as the Logs View.

Regarding the number of records, there is currently a limitation in Smart-1 Cloud of 1000 logs per export. This is documented in the Known Limitations:
https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Infinity_Portal/WebAdminGuides/EN/Check-Point-SmartCloud-Admin-...

We might re-evaluate and raise this limit in the future.

Ayman_Almagairy
Participant
Participant

Thanks, Tomer,

I also tried to create an API script to export the logs 100 by 100, but I still can't export more than 1001, this is really important for us as we need to review logs for a long period of time

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Please start a new thread in the API/CLI Discussion space with more details about how you are attempting to do this.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Tomer_Noy  and @PhoneBoy are 100% right. I had done it before from Smartview and got 100000+ entries. You need at least R81 for that to work, on both mgmt and gateways, if I recall right.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events