Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wizardgsz
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot uninstall virtual netword adapter, can't update the VPN client

Hello,

while updating from E81.10_CheckPointVPN.msi to latest E84.30, your setup halts in "uninstalling adapters" step.

How may I proceed to update the software and uninstall old release?

This solution did not help, moreover your software is not listed in actually installed app (even if I find it in "Program Files" folder):

How to uninstall Endpoint Security Client from SafeMode

Regards and thanks.

pasted-1609512535-758880.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Look into sk171213. If not helpful, open a support case with TAC

View solution in original post

23 Replies
wizardgsz
Contributor

Moreover: I have no more CheckPoint virtual adapter listed in Device Manager. It seems your setup cannot handle the uninstallation of your same old product but why? I cannot install the new program and I cannot update it to latest version.

Thanks again for your kind help!

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Please try the patch here before uninstalling https://www.checkpoint.com/fix

0 Kudos
wizardgsz
Contributor

Thanks but I cannot use it anymore. It says: you have no installed program.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I recommend engaging with the TAC ASAP here.

wizardgsz
Contributor

Unfortunately I cannot engage TAC as I am a supplier and not your customer.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I think for this issue, we are helping people via TAC even if not a customer.
Otherwise @Lior_Arzi any suggestions on how to get out of this situation?

wizardgsz
Contributor

Thanks a lot but I cannot directly open a TAC for myself:

SR#6-0002486439 CheckPoint VPN uninstall error [ ref:_00D209OX._500672GU1Cp:ref ]

0 Kudos
wizardgsz
Contributor

Immagine.png

Alex_Sazonov
Employee
Employee

Can you pleases say if it's correct that you had Check Point VPN installed (Option number 2 in the Standalone VPN installation wizard)?

If so this version is not affected by the 1.1.2021 issue. 

wizardgsz
Contributor

The product installed in 2019 has GUID  ******* Product: {0197506D-1A8A-4030-906E-A9A5C7AC6C6E}

0 Kudos
wizardgsz
Contributor

Do you need any log file to further investigate the errors of your setup program?

0 Kudos
Dorit_Dor
Employee
Employee

Please do contact our technical services. We have people on duty assigned to assist issues related to this problem beyond the normal support contract condition. They are the fastest way to assist you.

0 Kudos
wizardgsz
Contributor

Unfortunately they told me I cannot open a TAC.

Please can you double check it?

SR#6-0002486439 CheckPoint VPN uninstall error [ ref:_00D209OX._500672GU1Cp:ref ]

ED
Advisor

Hi @wizardgsz 

I have encountered this problem myself. The uninstallation never finished completely and after a reboot it was gone from the installed applications while the VPN client was still there. My solution:

1. Search for the Check Point VPN client and start it up if it's not already automatically started. Right click and choose About so that you can see which version you have.

2. Download the installation file for that same version and run installation. That will get your VPN client back under installed applications. I think it will reboot. 

3. Run the official fix from Check Point https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?action=portlets.DCFileAction&eventSubmit_d... 

4. After a reboot again find the VPN client under installed apps and choose change -> remove. Hope this helps you. 

TimC
Participant

Same issue!

_Val_
Admin
Admin

Look into sk171213. If not helpful, open a support case with TAC

wizardgsz
Contributor

Unfortunately I cannot run it as already stated and I cannot open a TAC: your colleague replied my email they cannot help and I can't open a TAC as I am not your customer but supplier.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Dear @wizardgsz, my comment was addressed to @TimC.

If you or any of your colleagues & customers need further assistance, please feel free to PM me at any time with more details.

_Val_
Admin
Admin

@wizardgsz got your PM, and sent you an email. Let's take it offline for now. 

0 Kudos
wizardgsz
Contributor

Thanks for you kind hint!

Unfortunately I cannot run the VPN client, it says it is not installed. Anyhow I run the same installation program I had and it halts in "endless loop" while removing virtual network as the newest release.

Kind regards and thanks again...

0 Kudos
Dorit_Dor
Employee
Employee

As i wrote above: Please do contact our technical services. We have people on duty assigned to assist issues related to this problem beyond the normal support contract condition and beyond the question if you are a customer. 

They are the fastest way to assist you.

if you failed, share real mail and phone number w Valeri or me in private and we will get support to contact you - i am confident that its solvable but it requires online session

wizardgsz
Contributor

Thanks allo for you kind support! I hope to solve this ASAP 🙂

Immagine2.png

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

@wizardgsz It is my understanding that the issue is now resolved. We are happy to help

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events