Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Robinson
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

R80.10 EndPoint Server Features

Hi All, I see R80.10 was released today, can anyone confirm if it contains the same EndPoint Server features as R77.30.03? I.E SandBlast, Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nilly_Perry
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

The next Endpoint Security Management version will be released on top of R80.10. This release will support the complete Endpoint Security suite, including Capsule Docs and SandBlast Agent.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Václav_Brožík
Collaborator

I did not check the version yet but most probably there will be an older version of the Endpoint Security Server in R80.10. The development teams of the Security Management and Endpoint Security work mostly independently so they do not release the latest versions in one package.

If you want to use the latest versions of both management servers the recommendation is to install them to separate machines.

0 Kudos
DeletedUser
Not applicable

In the R80.10 Release Notes on page 18 and 19 it shows the end point versions supported are up to E80.64 and what is not supported. Pasted below for your convenience. So one version shy of the E80.65 that is supported in R77.30.03.

• R80.10 Endpoint Security Management Servers can manage E80.62 and E80.64 Endpoint Security Clients for Windows, and E80.64 Endpoint Security Client for Mac.
  • These Endpoint Security blades are NOT supported with R80.10 Management: URL Filtering, Capsule Docs, and SandBlast Agent blades (Anti-Bot, Forensics, and Threat Extraction and Threat Emulation).
0 Kudos
Matthew_Dale
Explorer

We had the same question last year which we were told that this isn't expected in R80.10, we are awaiting a version of R80 which supports the Endpoint features.

Separating the components on to separate servers does not fit with the 'Unified Management' message, not to mention that it then costs additional money for another management container.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Despite connecting to different management consoles, the logging, network objects, and threat intelligence are still shared between them, which is the most important part.

In many organizations, the endpoint and network are often managed by different teams anyway.

While it is an extra cost, the cost of an endpoint management software license is fairly inexpensive.

0 Kudos
Nilly_Perry
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

The next Endpoint Security Management version will be released on top of R80.10. This release will support the complete Endpoint Security suite, including Capsule Docs and SandBlast Agent.

Juan_Concepcion
Advisor

As far as I know R80.10 EndPoint is not yet released, there is version currently in EA.  The most current version of Endpoint is R77.30.03.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events