cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrunoMarques21
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to view connection status on the 3600 appliances

How do I see the status of the internet link?
Because in the spark line the visualization is very intuitive, but in the 3000 appliances I don't know where to visualize this information.

See images below

I want to see how long the internet link has been working in appliances 3600

image.png

image.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

The ISP Redundancy feature can also monitor upstream ISP addresses to detect failure, but you are required to have at least two ISPs defined in order to use this feature.  Although I suppose you could add a "fake" secondary ISP that will always be down and then still be able to monitor and receive alerts when the Primary ISP goes down.  Not really how the ISP Redundancy feature was designed to be used, but would probably work.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

View solution in original post

12 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe cpview will show this.

BrunoMarques21
Contributor

In which part of cpview I can see the information, I tried to locate it and I couldn't find it

image.png

Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Linux does not directly track the uptime of a particular interface, so you could try searching the various /var/log/messages* files trying to see when that interface was first brought up (and when it may have gone through a transition which will also increment the "carrier" counter shown by ifconfig -a).  But for the external interface in particular you could look at the age in seconds of the default route leading out that interface like this, because if the external interface goes down the route will be removed and have its age counter reset:

route_age.png

0 Kudos
BrunoMarques21
Contributor

Following your example, how would you calculate time

Would it be this?

10613/360=29.48 hours, days??

image.png

Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

475502 seconds is 7,925 minutes (/60)  which is 132 hours (/60) which is ~5.5 days (/24).

0 Kudos
K_montalvo
Advisor

How can you monitor if a particular primary WAN physical interface is up and a reachable gateway but there's no connection to a public DNS to confirm there's objectivity to internet on that WAN, there could be a scenario that you can reach your provider but actually they have a outage affecting your service?

Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

If you have a cluster utilizing ClusterXL you can monitor upsteam IP addresses to detect an outage at your ISP, check out the clusterxl_monitor_ips feature here: sk35780 (How to configure $FWDIR/bin/clusterXL_monitor_ips script to run automatically on Gaia / Sec...

K_montalvo
Advisor

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

The ISP Redundancy feature can also monitor upstream ISP addresses to detect failure, but you are required to have at least two ISPs defined in order to use this feature.  Although I suppose you could add a "fake" secondary ISP that will always be down and then still be able to monitor and receive alerts when the Primary ISP goes down.  Not really how the ISP Redundancy feature was designed to be used, but would probably work.

BrunoMarques21
Contributor

Thank you all for your help.
So, through the GAIA graphical interface, there is no way to visualize it, as there is in the SMB version?

Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Doesn't look possible to me in the Gaia web interface, especially since the underlying Linux OS doesn't have that info either.

0 Kudos
K_montalvo
Advisor

Hello @Timothy_Hall this works i have a Standalone environment, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events