Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Backup Tool

HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

asy Backup Tool

Features

This tool creates a backup of all GAIA gateway configurations with one CLI command "ebackup":

- Only one CLI command "ebackup"
- Backup of all Gaia gateway configurations (Check Point appliances, Open Server, SMB appliances 11xx, 14xx)
- Migrate export on SMS
- Migrate-server on MDS
- Backup all files to one TGZ file
- FTP upload support backup file
- CP upload support for backup file via cprid_util

- MDS   > All CMA's a

...;
TO ACCESS CHECKMATES TOOLBOX it's simple and free

Disclaimer: Check Point does not provide maintenance services or technical or customer support for third party content provided on this Site, including in CheckMates Toolbox. See also our Third Party Software Disclaimer.

(4)
99 Replies

RGMH
Explorer

@HeikoAnkenbrand 

Hello Heiko,

Does EasyBackup support R81.10?  We recently upgraded and it no longer sees our Gateways.  It found an older gateway in our environment but I had to change the gateway detection to .objects[] | select(.type | contains("Member","cluster-member")) in order to get it to see our R81.10 gateways.

;

0 Kudos

sonics6
Explorer

Hello RGMH

I had the same problem and also needed to edit the detection from Member to member.

;

0 Kudos

pmhatre79
Explorer

ebackup is working but It is failing for 1 gateway and 2 sandbox devices, what could be the issue and how to resolve it ??

;

0 Kudos

HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Version 3.0 is now 100% compatible with R81.10 and R81.20.

All minor bugs have been fixed and tested with the following versions:
R80.30
R80.40
R81
R81.10
R81.20

;

Matt_Ricketts
Employee
Employee

Super minor and cosmetic, but you may want to update your initial post to reflect the updated/supported versions.

Looking forward to testing this out in my lab. I have missed this backup utility. Thank you  @HeikoAnkenbrand for the update.

;

0 Kudos

Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

Very nice tool  @HeikoAnkenbrand !
Thanks for sharing it with the community.

Note that starting from R81.20 and a certain JHF in R81.10, there is no longer a need to restart the MDS or SMS services when performing export. The admins can continue to work seamlessly while the exports are running.

That should make the tool easier to use without worry from an automated job.

Perhaps you should update that in the headline documentation.

;

0 Kudos

Matt_Ricketts
Employee
Employee

Thanks  @Tomer_Noy. This may explain the issue I am having. When I run ebackup -s, the export fails at the pre verification stage and then my API and CPM services fail to restart until a reboot is done. My backup file is 4k in size, which is the GAiA configs. 

;

0 Kudos

Matt_Ricketts
Employee
Employee

As Tomer noted, you no longer need to stop and start the cp services as of R81.20. In addition "migrate" is being depreciated and has been replaced with migrate_server. I ended up modifying Heiko's script a little to fit my SMS and it's been working perfectly. I don't have a MDS, so I didn't touch that part of the script. Below are my edits where I changed the migrate line to use migrate_server and its needed switches. I also commented out the cpstop and cpstart lines.

#######
...;

0 Kudos

socteam_gsi
Participant

Hello Heiko,

Thank You for your ebackup tool script.

We have configured new MGMT server on AWS cloud with vR81.10 & applied your ebackup script v3.0 on it.

We have configured cronjob to create ebackup on every monday & transfer that backup to AWS S3 bucket. EBackup is working as expected but it is not getting stored on S3 bucket through cronjob. Kindly help.

Regards,

Sunil Redekar

;

0 Kudos

AneeshKumar
Explorer

This is the script I was looking to automate our management server migrate export to a FTP/SFTP server. Thanks for the script.

I'm getting the below error while I try to execute the command to FTP upload. Am I missing something here. Pls help.

ebackup -ftpserver <Server IP> -ftpuser Backup -ftppw <Password>
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `)'

;

0 Kudos