cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Perry_McGrew
Contributor

SSL Extender: Google Chrome Issues / MS Edge Chromium support

We are running R80.40 T53. 

Our Help Desk has received several complaints from remote users trying to use the SSL Extender VPN (Mobile Access Portal) using Google Chrome.   The connection attempt opens the window: "You Need to install the Mobile Access Portal Agent".   The users click on the link .   It seems to perform the Install, but it loops back to the window.   Never redirects back to the Portal....  I have a TAC case open, but thought I'd throw it out here too.  Debugging Remote clients is difficult.   

We are a Microsoft shop and Windows 10 default Browser is Edge.   In January, MS released new version of Edge that is based on Chromium engine.   This Chromium version of Edge has replaced the Edge browser (now seemed to be called Edge "Legacy") as part of the Feature Updates -- and is now being pushed out via Windows Updates.   There still seems to be no official support listed by Check Point for Edge (Chromium).   Does anyone have any information on when Edge (Chromium) will be officially supported?   7 months past its GA release and would hope that CP would have it supported.

Thx  

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AndreiR
Employee
Employee

Hi @Perry_McGrew ,

I'm RnD manager of this remote client. Send me ticket number. I'll try to help.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In general, it should be supported the same way Chrome is.
I know there are some differences on the SBA front in particular, but those should be relatively minor also.

0 Kudos
Perry_McGrew
Contributor

I would think so.   I personally have mixed success with the browser and SSL Extender.  When I first spoke with TAC, I was told "not supported..." per sk107132.  No official date for Edge Chromium support forthcoming.  They would only address access issues with the specified browsers listed in the SK.  

Personally, I prefer the standalone IPSec based Mobile VPN Client.   All of our remote endusers connect via SSL Extender to select Native Application so they can RDP to a corporate PC.   I wish they'd make it easy to create a custom installation MSI using ORCA  that would have all the settings needed -- the user would just need to enter their AD credentials.  

D_W
Advisor

Hi,

we experienced the same issue with Chrome and Firefox on Mobile Access R80.40 (virtual GW in Azure).
Solved with Jumbo Take67!

Cheers,
David

0 Kudos
Perry_McGrew
Contributor

Thanks for the update.   I will have to try access using Edge Chromium browser.   We are at R80.40 Take74.   Our IT dept has  still been receiving complaints that the Certificate for the Mobile Access Portal Agent fails to install, which prevents any Chrome based browser from working.   I have to go back and see if this requires Local Admin privileges -- something that we do not permit our end-users to have on the PCs for security reasons.

I know its off topic, but I believe that this Portal  Access is being revised in the upcoming R80.41.   Is there any docs out here that describe the changes?>

Thx

0 Kudos
D_W
Advisor

I tried now with the Edge Chrome Version 84.0.522.52 (64bit) and the connect worked!

I don't think you need admin permission for the cert but for the SNX install. And when you use MobileAccess for your own managed clients this could be fixed via centralized rollout via SCCM or so.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events