Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Fenoughty
Collaborator

UK and European date and time formats in logs and task details

I know there is a Check Point article SK117537 asking if the IPS protections dates can be displayed in US rather than UK/Euro format. Check Point says they are working on in (May 2017)

The obverse question is: Does anyone know if there is a way to get the logs and task details windows to display in DDMMYYYY and 24 hour clock?

It's particularly irritating when selecting a time period for log viewing.

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not aware of a way to do that either.

0 Kudos
John_Fenoughty
Collaborator

I had a feeling that might be the case.

I'd say that it is important that we register an interest as Check Point having stated (in SK117537) that they plan to allow the changing of the European (as they call it) date format to American for IPS protections, we really need ensure they also provide the ability to change logging, log searching and policy installation dates to DDMMYYYY format as well as having the IPS in that format. The scope for contusion is very large!

After all, while we understand that about 350 million people use the American format there are about 3.5 billion of us using the (more logical - IMO) DDMMYYYY.

Where might we best register this request as well as the 24hr clock while we’re at it, we may as well try for perfection! Is this a feature request, what is the current best place to lodge such requirements?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Part of the reason the community exists is to get feedback from customers Smiley Happy

There is a formal "RFE" submission here: Check Point Software Technologies: Product and Feature Suggestions 

And, of course, you can discuss with your local office.

0 Kudos
John_Fenoughty
Collaborator

That's great, thanks. I'll get a formal request in the system and bring it up next time I'm talking to one of the Check Point people at our end.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

We also look at CheckMates posts.. 

so thanks.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events