Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend
Jump to solution

Status warning for mgmt server object

Hey boys and girls,

Happy Friday and long weekend 🙂

Just wanted to run something by you all, to see if anyone experienced this sort of issue. So, I applied eval licences to all my lab devices yesterday (as old ones were expiring) and all is green, EXCEPT shows orange status for mgmt server, though licence is valid and no alerts showing anywhere.

Im 100% sure it is cosmetic, but I find it odd, as I had not seen this exact behavior before where it complains about status/alerts, but then alert field is empty.

I even tried solution that worked for me in below post, but no luck. Also, reinstalled the jumbo, licence, rebooted many times, did cprestart, also tried shutting down the VM, no joy. Pushed policy few times, installed database, nothing.

Solved: License warning messages - Check Point CheckMates

If anyone has an idea on how to make the status green, happy to try.

Thanks as always!

Best,

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

 For context, here is output of cplic print -x:

[Expert@CP-MANAGEMENT:0]# cplic print -x
Host Expiration Signature Features
172.16.10.252 29Sep2024 a8d5ZEWkqBDvBqP6mzPCPkc3QBqhL4iqMGUm CPSM-C-U CPSB-NPM CPSB-EPM CPSB-LOGS CPSB-MNTR CPSB-PRVS CPSB-UDIR CPSB-WKFL-100 CPSB-WS CPSB-MPTL CPVP-SNX-U-NGX CPSB-SWB CPSB-ADNC-M CPSB-RPRT-U CPSB-EVCR-U CPSB-SSLVPN-MOBMAIL+5000 CPSB-COMP-150 CK-B94D93E572E0

Contract Coverage:

# ID Expiration SKU
===+===========+============+====================
1 | 8AS3DRO | 29Oct2024 | CPSB-IPS-EVAL
+-----------+------------+--------------------
|Covers: CPSM-C-U CPSB-NPM CPSB-EPM CPSB-LOGS CPSB-MNTR CPSB-PRVS CPSB-UDIR CPSB-WKFL-100 CPSB-WS CPSB-MPTL CPVP-SNX-U-NGX CPSB-SWB CPSB-ADNC-M CPSB-RPRT-U CPSB-EVCR-U CPSB-SSLVPN-MOBMAIL+5000 CPSB-COMP-150 CK-B94D93E572E0
2 | GH4137V | 29Oct2024 | CPSB-CTNT-EVAL
|Covers: CPSM-C-U CPSB-NPM CPSB-EPM CPSB-LOGS CPSB-MNTR CPSB-PRVS CPSB-UDIR CPSB-WKFL-100 CPSB-WS CPSB-MPTL CPVP-SNX-U-NGX CPSB-SWB CPSB-ADNC-M CPSB-RPRT-U CPSB-EVCR-U CPSB-SSLVPN-MOBMAIL+5000 CPSB-COMP-150 CK-B94D93E572E0
3 | JPG0SK6 | 29Oct2024 | CPSB-TEX-EVAL
4 | 6ADGB88 | 29Oct2024 | CPSB-ZP-EVAL
5 | 1YJYI1T | 29Oct2024 | CPSB-TE-EVAL
[Expert@CP-MANAGEMENT:0]#

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@JozkoMrkvicka ...I dont care what anyone says, you are a GENIUS 🙂

Cause of your suggestion, and what I saw in sv monitor, I was able to find the sk that fixed the issue.

THANKS MATE!

Andy

this is the article, for the context.

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk182622

View solution in original post

12 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

This tells me status is fine, but just not sure why it shows orange...even with updated smart console. tried portable, web smart console, same thing, uninstalled, reinstalled smart dashboard, no luck.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's likely cosmetic.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree, Im just hoping secretly it will magically turn green lol

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Do you have Secondary management there? Sometimes if you connect to Secondary management (read-only), the statuses of some managed devices differ.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey bro,

Nope, just one. Used to have mgmt ha in that lab, but had to delete secondary for a fortigate lab I had to build.

Andy

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Sure, lets just try to connect to management as Read-Only, if that makes any difference. You can also try to create new local user or try to use old-style SmartView Monitor.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Tried that already yesterday, but no luck.

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Now I see why this issue is there, thanks for your suggestion, just need to figure out how to fix it 🙂

I deleted unused network feeds/indicators, will reboot, so lets see...tried cloudguard stop and start, no luck.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

@JozkoMrkvicka ...I dont care what anyone says, you are a GENIUS 🙂

Cause of your suggestion, and what I saw in sv monitor, I was able to find the sk that fixed the issue.

THANKS MATE!

Andy

this is the article, for the context.

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk182622

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

So, it is not just a cosmetic issue 😉

The relevant sk says that SmartConsole shows the warning with the reason. But in your case there was no reason, just warning in SmartConsole. The exact reason was just in SmartView Monitor.

I would try to replicate the issue one more time and open TAC case with your findings. Since you have it in your LAB where I suppose you dont have valid support, TAC will not support here.

We can just hope that someone responsible reads this thread and maybe will contact you offline for replication.

Or the reason is somewhere hidden in SmartConsole 😄

What Jumbo of R81.20 you have on management and what SmartConsole build you use?

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Well, considering its a lab, not a big deal, it was more me being "a**l" about it lol

I like to see status all green, so thats why it did not make sense. I wish though sv monitor error showed right in smart console, would have made it much easier to fix.

Anyway, it is what it is 🙂

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Btw, I ALWAYS install latest jumbo day it comes out and smart console latest build too.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events