cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Florian_Ruch
Explorer

R80.10 Error Validation: The main group must contain IP-based objects only

Hi guys

We built up a test MDS to test the migration from R77.30 to R80.10. After some problems during the import, which we solved, we could start R80.10. But now we have the problem, that there are validation errors shown in the Dashboard for some groups with exceptions. The error messages are: "The main group must contain IP-based objects only" or "The exception group must contain IP-based objects only". Also we have same error messages for the exception group.

We use this groups for the topology. So I understand, that it's not allowed to use other sub groups in the main or exception group in an exception group. But if I delete the sub groups, the error doesn't disappear. When I create a new exception group with belongs a main group with sub groups, I don't get this error. Has someone made the same experience and solved the problems? Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Sounds like a bug the TAC should investigate.

Contact Support | Check Point Software  

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I have a case open with TAC that was referred to development for validation problems on an import of two different R77.30 CMA's where the CMA object itself was not allowed to be used anywhere at all. Make sure to open a case.

Regards, Maarten.

Regards, Maarten
Florian_Ruch
Explorer

Thanks for your answers. Is there a way to start a revalidation manual or is this part of the Upgrade? I made a Clone of such a group and there is not a new validation error in the validations pane.

Regards, Florian

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

In the cloned group, did you have the same content?

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Florian_Ruch
Explorer

Yes, I right clicked on the group, did a clone and let the name as it built (_clone at the end). After that (we have all objects global) I made a reasign. When I then opened a CMA I got the same validation erros like before but without the new cloned group.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Do make sure to open a case, R&D is investigating mine.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
mhurst
Explorer

Was this resolved for you?

Getting the same validation errors after importing CMA from R77.30 to R80.20 take 118.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events