Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aner_sagi
Contributor
Jump to solution

Question about permission profiles

Hi,

A bank has external CP cluster managed by R80.10 smartcenter.

IT has Read Write permissions and "information security" has Read Only Permission.

The Bank has old internal CP cluster .

They want me to replace hardware and import the internal rules as separate policy to the R80.10 smartcenter.

how can i give "information security" read write permissions to the internal cluster while they still have read only permissions to the external cluster ?

i tried playing around with permission profiles but i can't add a permission profile to the lower part of the attached screenshot.

Thanks in advance

Aner Sagi. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi,

1. Make sure that in the custom permission profile that you created, under Access Control you checked "Edit layers by the selected profiles in a layer editor".

2. Between creating/updating the permission profile and using it in the layer you need to publish your changes. Usually you don't need to publish between making something and using it, on the contrary - you can publish a bulk of changes as one "session" with proper description, but this case of permission profiles + layers is a rare exceptional case.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi,

1. Make sure that in the custom permission profile that you created, under Access Control you checked "Edit layers by the selected profiles in a layer editor".

2. Between creating/updating the permission profile and using it in the layer you need to publish your changes. Usually you don't need to publish between making something and using it, on the contrary - you can publish a bulk of changes as one "session" with proper description, but this case of permission profiles + layers is a rare exceptional case.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events