Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend

New feature in R81.20 smart console?

Hey guys,

I believe this is brand new in R81.20, never seen it before in smart console. Its handy, for sure, so people dont need to wonder when latest update will be available : - )

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

7 Replies
George_Ellis
Advisor

R81.10 added it as a feature about 3 releases ago.  I get prompted to install the new release when it is published.

smartconsole.png

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Right, you would get prompted, but I never seen that option "check for updates" from the menu before.

Andy

0 Kudos
(1)
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

Correct 😀
This option is new in the latest SmartConsole builds.

When we release a new version of SmartConsole, we deploy it gradually to all customers. This process can take a few days to a week. We got feedback that some customers don't want to wait until their statistical turn arrives and they want to install immediately when they hear about a new version. This menu item will check if we've started gradual rollout and will install immediately if a newer version is available.

You don't have to use it and you will still get the prompt when the new version is rolled out to everyone.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good news! I thought maybe I was going crazy (which is a possibility too lol), as I had never seen it before.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Would it be possible to add there also option to disable automatic checking of newer version ? There are many cases when Windows machine doesnt have access to the internet, so this feature is not relevant in such a cases. Or at least add option to configure proxy. 

I am aware that checking for newer update can be disabled by editing config file, but to have it directly within the GUI would be much user-friendly 😉 

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We had a few requests for it, which is why we added it.
I suspect it’s available in all recent SmartConsole builds (not just for R81.20).

johnnyringo
Advisor

It's a good feature, and I'm glad to see it supported in multiple versions.  Our install base is currently split between R81.10, R80.40, and R80.30 (yes, I know) and it's been a challenge to manually track SmartConsole updates across all 3.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events