Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

Multi-user IA client and IAtool

Hi Mates,

I'm trying to automate the IA MUH tool, and I use the IA tool to create an MSI package. However, I am unable to copy the shared secret, which means that even though I use the MSI, I still need to manually enter once the shared secret, which is quite a bore for the number of PC's to deploy at the customer site.

I wonder then:

- Is it supported? If yes, how Smiley Happy

- Is leaving the shared secret field blank an option (deployment is contained within a single organization)

Also, when I use IATools, if I check "use this PC settings", the software always crashes (tested on W7, W8, W10,...).

Thanks for any input,

Kind regards,

Alex

5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Have you opened a ticket with TAC on the IATools crashing?

Contact Support | Check Point Software 

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

Not yet, but I will when I'm back at the customer.

0 Kudos
Tzvi_Katz
Employee
Employee

Hi, 

How many TS servers are you attempting to install? I personally think that storing the password in MSI is more problematic security wise compared to the boredom Smiley Happy

Regards,

Tzvi Katz

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

It's about 600 computers. It's an environment with heavy multi-user logon so the TS agent was recommended.

0 Kudos
Sigbjorn
Advisor
Advisor

The Shared Secret is available(hashed) in the registry, so we just ended up installing the client manually on one machine, set the secret and export the registry keys.

Then with the deployment on new servers, we just push the registry keys with the installation, and we're up and running. Smiley Happy

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events