cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HenrikJ
Participant

Migrating Lab MDS to production MDS

Hello!

We are currently underway in our new MDS VSX installation.

We wanted to test stuff out in lab first where we tried to mirror the current FW configuration from our current Cisco ASA FW, just so we can try stuff out.

We have set up some domains, one for VSX, one for Management and one for us.

I would like, if possible, to migrate all of this to the production MDS.

I have thought about this before, so the lab MDS have all the real IPs, VLANs etc, so the configuration is identical as the one in production in every where more or less, besides all the domains and CMAs.

Is there a way to export everything from this lab MDS, so we get all domains and CMAs into the production MDS?

It's of course from R80.30 to R80.30, same IP on physical interface etc.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Sorry, but only when you can wait until the new R80.40 Migration tools have been made available, through JHF's, to R80.30 youshould be able to do so. Currently your only bet is to move the target MDS to R80.40 first and then you can migrate your CMA's over.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
HenrikJ
Participant

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you were correct.

I opened a case with Checkpoint for any possibilities at all.

I ended up using:

https://github.com/CheckPointSW/ExportImportPolicyPackage

This is an "inofficial" solution that I got to work.

Basically it uses the WEB-api to fetch a policy, its rules and all its objects through it and then appends that to a TGZ-file you can use to import.

The problematic part about it was that it is coded for R80.10, so I had to add key "1.6" which it didn't have in its first dictionary in file lists_and_dictionaries.py and use the same values as the one in key 1.5, and I got it to work.

Thanks again for your reply.

Kind Regards,

Henrik Johansson

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

For the VSX part you could use the VSX Provisioning tool.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events