cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandon_Cotter
Contributor

Interactive policy front-end for web

Hi,

I've been googling for a while and I'm starting to feel like I made this up in my head. We had Jason Smith from Diamond come around back in 2016 show us a demo of a web-based tool that allowed users to make firewall policy requests. It was like an API front-end. He was doing a demo of R80 features. It looked pretty amazing. We just got up to R80.10 and I can find no other mention of this feature. Anyone know what I'm talking about? It's not the web visualization tool, I'm familiar with that.

6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There were a few different proof of concepts that were demoed prior to the release of R80.10.

They were meant to demonstrate the API and not intended to be products in and of themselves.

Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

I know I'm going to get slapped on fingers as it's inappropriate to promote other than CP products here but if you want something amazing check out Tufin. Smiley Happy

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Also Algosec and a few others. Smiley Happy

Brandon_Cotter
Contributor

Aw, sad. Well, thanks for the reply. I'll have to look deeper into the third-party apps.

Target for R81: web-native .

0 Kudos
Joshua_Hatter
Employee
Employee

While the functionality is not there yet, a tool I'm developing has the ability to complete some basic SmartConsole tasks via a Web Frontend. Hoping to add more as time goes on, including create/delete policy rules.

Screen Shots of functionality will be posted shortly on the content page in Code Hub.

https://community.checkpoint.com/docs/DOC-2261 

Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, there are plans for this particular use case, currently set to release on top of the next security management version. Stay tuned.

The other suggestions such as community tools and technology partners are excellent solutions as well. 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events