cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayur_PAthak
Explorer
Jump to solution

Import html format policy in to SmartCenter

I have policy in html format created using web visualization tool. Can I import this into new SmartCenter server without manually writing each rule and object?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Those scripts leverage the R80(.10) API.

However, you need only upgrade your management to this release, you can keep your gateways on R77.30 for now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jason_Dance
Collaborator

I'll start by saying that there may be others who can answer the question posed.

Did the html policy happen to come from an existing SmartCenter server?  If so, do you still have access to it to run an upgrade_export?

Would you consider taking one of the scripts listed in the repository and adapting it to take an HTML input?

0 Kudos
Mayur_PAthak
Explorer

Hello Jason,

Yes, html policy comes from an existing SmartCenter. Company is split and SmartCenter server is now owned by another company. They are not ready to provide upgrade_export.

I didn’t understand what you mean by scripts listed un the repository. Can you please explain which repository, scripts and where would that be in SmartCenter?

thanks and regards

Mayur

0 Kudos
Jason_Dance
Collaborator

I forgot to be more specific, here is a link to a powershell library that someone wrote: https://community.checkpoint.com/docs/DOC-2163

You could recreate/export into a spreadsheet and use this powershell to push into R80 (I'm assuming this is what you have).

0 Kudos
Mayur_PAthak
Explorer

Great! I kind of see light end of tunnel Smiley Happy

Would this work for R77.30 ? That’s what I am using.

thanks and regards

Mayur

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Those scripts leverage the R80(.10) API.

However, you need only upgrade your management to this release, you can keep your gateways on R77.30 for now.

0 Kudos
Mayur_PAthak
Explorer

Thank you Dameon,

I will update you on how it goes.

thanks and regards

Mayur

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events