Gateway license on Multi Domain Server

Hi CheckMates,

I have two Multi Domain Server

Primary MDS:10.8.1.117

Ndomain1_server:10.8.1.119

gateway:10.8.1.124

Standby MDS:10.8.1.118

Ndomain1_server2:10.8.1.120

both on domain1_server1 & domain1_server2 at smartconsole, I can see gateway and can be managed.

Question1 is :

I need to generate central license to gateway on Ndomain1_server. what is Mgmt IP? 

Is 10.8.1.119?

Question2 is:

If does, should I need to generate second central license to gateway on Ndomain1_server2?

Is mgmt IP is 10.8.1.120?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

No

If CMA1 is primary and CMA2 is standby you are only required to license against the CMA1's management IP, if you choose to do central licensing.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

What version are you running?

Long as the CMA can reach the internet you should not need to do anything as it will talk to the UC. I believe the CMA will pull the license and push this to the GW.  

I assume you wanted to license, uploaded to SmartUpdate and then push out.  Remember Checkpoint are moving away from SmartUpdate.  If your running R80.40 or above you should not really need to use this.

At least this was what it looked like when I did it.

0 Kudos
Jarvis_Lin
Collaborator

My Version is R80.30, all gateway and MDS can not reach internet.

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

In that case you would need to use SmartUpdate.

In terms of licensing the gateway you can either do central licensing using CMA IP, or it can be a local license.  I would suggest a local license assuming the gateways are CP appliances and not openserver.  

Once you have this done in the UC download the .lic file and contracts file (.xml).  Using Smartupdate import both of these.  I believe the import process is at the CMA level not MDS level.

0 Kudos
Jarvis_Lin
Collaborator

Hi Genisis,

Should I need to generate two license on gateway ?

one MGMT IP for CMA1, another MGMT IP for CMA2 ?

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

No.  If your doing central licensing is should be with the IP of the Primary. The CMA will sync between each other so this will get replicated across.

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

No

If CMA1 is primary and CMA2 is standby you are only required to license against the CMA1's management IP, if you choose to do central licensing.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I believe both answers are yes, but maybe better confirm with Account services. I had not done R80 mds yet, so not sure if the licensing had changed since R77.xx days...

0 Kudos
Jarvis_Lin
Collaborator

it's good idea, I will open account services case.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events