Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SD_Networking
Contributor

Filter on Disabled rule

How do you filter on Disabled rule in R80.10 SMS ? i cant find a way to to day.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

When you say "filter" I assume you mean search for disabled rules in the R80.10 SmartConsole.  Hopefully you don't mean looking for disabled rules in logs created by the gateway itself, since the gateway doesn't actually receive disabled rules as part of its compiled policy therefore there won't be any logs issued for disabled rules. 

In the R77.30 SmartDashboard typing "disabled" in the policy search field will show all disabled rules.

This kind of search (as well as the "temp" and "exp" R77.30 filters mentioned in the thread below) is not currently possible in the R80.10 SmartConsole, see this related thread:

Time Based Rules 

--
My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"
now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
SD_Networking
Contributor

I dont understand, we have one feature in old release but goes away in latest release, there should be a new way of doing it ? or its just gone ?

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

This is a limitation of R80 and R80.10. It will be supported in our next releases.

One possible solution would be using the Management API, iterate the rules and return the ones which are disabled. While this is not ideal and it's not from the GUI, it is a workaround, and it might assist you with reporting and such.

Logan_Louks
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi, 

Was this feature of being able to filter disabled rules in policy resolved as of R80.20 and above?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Logan Louks

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Hello,

in which exact version this limitation reported in 2017 will be fixed? Not available in R81...

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events