Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smeny
Participant

Export Firewall Policy from an dedicacte Domain/CMA within an MultiDomain Enviroment

We have a MultiDomain environment on version (version R80.20 - Build 223) in use.
From this environment I now need to move a dedicated domain/cma to a separate firewall management station (not MDS).
The Domain has also an global Policy assigned.

Is there a way to export the existing policy and import it to the new management station?

I know the post "Python tool for exporting/importing a policy package or parts of it" but is there also a possibilty to export and import the policy with an assigned global policy ?

Thanks for your support

Stefan

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not with an assigned global policy.
You can, however, export the global policy and the local policy in separate steps.

0 Kudos
Shaimaa
Participant

Hello,

I've the same situation and i need to know

1.If it's possible to export the local policy without unassigning the global plocy?

Because we have global objects used in the local rules (se we cannot unassign the global policy.

2. for importing on another MDS, can we import only the local policy for a local domain?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You may be able to do it by using the API.
In R81.10, I believe you can do a CSV export from SmartDashboard, but that will not include the configuration of the objects, only the structure of the policy and the names of the objects. 

0 Kudos
Shaimaa
Participant

Hello,

I'm talking about the export/import python tool (to automise the import/export).

I know with SmartDashboard we can export a CSV file but we cannot import this file into another CKP) as we need to import these rules to another site 'disaster recovery site').

So as I can understand, it's not possible....right?

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

About how many policies are we talking about ? How many rules are within each policy package?

If we are not talking about 10 policies with 1000 rules each, maybe the fastest way would be to hire "monkeys" to do copy&paste rule by rule, object per object.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Shaimaa
Participant

Hello JozkoMrkvicka,

Yes, that's exactly what we are trying to do (with the python tool) but it seems impossible and we have to do it manually!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)