Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnnyringo
Advisor

Clearing Validations pane warning in SmartConsole

So this is a dumb question, but how do I clear the validation warnings pane in SmartConsole (specifically R80.40 994000416)?

We'd been using Updatable objects to allow access to certain Azure Services, and it looks like the tree changed on April 26th.  Services are now broken down in to 3 top-level categories (Public, Government, and China).  

I've updated the rule to reverence the new object locations, pushed policy, and logged out/in of SmartConsole.  But still see validation warnings on the right.

validationstab.png

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi,

What happens when you press on the link at the bottom (Azure Active Directory Public Services) - does it take you to the relevant object?

0 Kudos
johnnyringo
Advisor

Not really, clicking the link just shows an information screen about the object which has a link to a Microsoft page. 

I changed over to the new object location by just finding it under the new tree structure.  

AzureUpdatableObjects.png

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Try sk164772 

0 Kudos
johnnyringo
Advisor

I just rebooted the stupid thing.  Problem solved!

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

We get this error every week for geolocation objects. restarting cloudguard services solves the problem a day.

Any solution other then sk164772 ?

Wolfgang

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I currently have a case with TAC for 8 days and no useful suggestions at all. I even built brand new R81.10 in the lab and see exact same geo warnings and even couple for cloud services that are not used anywhere in the policy. Just noticed this morning with another customer that 15 warnings came up with no changes done. I tried cloudguard stop/start, reboot, looked in guidbedit, cant find any way to get rid of these warnings.

It would be nice if CP had an actual solution to this problem...

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Strangeley enough we have not seen it at all for very long time now. We are on R80.40 T120

0 Kudos
Dorit_Dor
Employee
Employee

Based on internal notes sk164772 was fixed for all jumbo’s but doesnt clear already existing warning. So

1. if you use the jumbo version that is already supposed to fix it, and yet you need to restart cloudguard, please tell us so we will know its not solved 

2. i also see one case (here) reported to TAC and we will make sure to dive into the case to help it resolve fast 

Tnx 

0 Kudos
johnnyringo
Advisor

This just resurfaced for me a couple weeks ago.  Google and Okta showed up as no longer available even though they definitely were.  

The only solution I've found is to reboot the management server.  

Your experience with CheckPoint support sounds about par for the course.  

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I hear ya brother : - ). I cant really tell if this simply affects random cloud instances or what the deal is, but the fact that same issue happens even in my brand new R81.10 instance, logically tells me it has not been fixed...just my personal opinion.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events