Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supporto_Checkp
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Cannot Edit Cluster Object after Importing Security Management into MDS as new domain

Hi

i've just imported my SMC R81.10 Take 79 into my  MDS R81.10 a a totally new domain .

Everything is working fine ( logs are on the mds ,I can install policy and so on ..) but i'm not able to edit

The "DMS" object  and the only VSX-Cluster hosted by that DMS (and every hosted VS and cluster member too)

If i double click on them ( or right click and then edit ) ....nothing happens.
If i try to "view" them the usual pop up with the Checkpoint Host/gateway properties / blade and so on appears.

I also try to modify a virtual system using the vsx provisioning tools but it give me an error "Failed to lock the Virtual System *VSID*"

It looks like an hidden lock ( there is nothing under Session from GUI ) and i've tried a coupe of query but nothing show up.

I've also opened a case but for now ...i don't have any good news.

any help is appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Supporto_Checkp
Collaborator

just rebooted and ...it did the trick!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok, Im not VSX guru like some people on here (been ages since I touched it), but just wondering, since its MDS, have you tried doing mdsstop_customer and mdsstart_customer to see if that helps?

0 Kudos
Supporto_Checkp
Collaborator

yes 🙂 sure ,but nothing changed
all the "basic checks" have been done

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok, fair enough. I dont think rebooting MDS would make sense in that instance. Alright, lets see what VSX experts suggest : - )

Andy

0 Kudos
Supporto_Checkp
Collaborator

The issue is not related to the vsx only ,but affects my vsx too.
I have the same behavior if i try to edit ,for example ,the DMS object for change the color.
I think that something is still locked from the import ,but nothing that can be seen from GUI or CLI .

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I agree with you, most likely not object related. I know on regular SMS, if someone else has a lock you can discard changes, and there is also way to do it via API method (cant recall exact syntax now, but can look for it), but on MDS (Provider-1) might be a bit different, not 100% sure. In my lab, if I ever encounter that issue, I just reboot the management : - )

0 Kudos
Supporto_Checkp
Collaborator

I have to schedule a reboot , that MDS manage 5 domains...a lot of people works on it 🙂
but a reboot is free and with zero effort..i'll give a chance.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Also, see below post, see if it can help. 

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Management/CLI-command-to-disconnect-all-SmartConsole-sessions-u...

I know you probably dont want to disconnect all users, but I believe there is a post I had in there for only a single user.

0 Kudos
Supporto_Checkp
Collaborator

thx,but as suspected is something "hidden" ,the show session doesn't show anything.
finger crossed for the reboot ,i' ll try in 20 minutes

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Makes sense...please keep us posted if that works.

0 Kudos
Supporto_Checkp
Collaborator

just rebooted and ...it did the trick!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good deal! Its like old Microsoft trick...reboot once, if it fails, reboot twice, and if it fails again, reboot 3rd time, its a charm ; - )

0 Kudos
Supporto_Checkp
Collaborator

i know but in lab it's an easy way to proceed , in production is not so easy to reboot products like mds that involved a lot of people 🙂

i'm still curious to understand what happened ...but it's ok 😄

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events