cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Buggy Widgets

There is a surprising lack of any custom reports for Check Point SmartEvent. I suspect this is partially due to the lack of good tutorials with samples provided.

Trying to create a custom report I've bumped in this situation:

1. I can see no way not to split the graphs in a different color bands. I like to have this option, but to exercise it when needed.

2. The Duration (Sum) is correctly shown in the Statistical Table on top, but for some reason shows traffic volume in a chart. The Series in the chart is defined as:

7 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

So with "Duration" graph being buggy, I am trying to implement the workaround using "Hours of Day":

Can someone tell me if it is possible to have it show a single color bar instead of looking like a painter's folio?

Incidentally: this is a depiction of a one session over time.

0 Kudos
Kfir_Dadosh
Collaborator

HI,

I created the same widgets as yours:

If you don't want the chart to be divided into series, keep it set to None.

The values shown on the chart are actually the number of seconds - i.e. in my example (250 * 60 + 14) * 60 = 900,000

I agree it should be presented as time values. We will fix it.

If you want all bars to be with fixed color, you can change it under the Customize topic.

The "time range" you used on the table, is the min and max values of this field. in your case is the time of the first and the last logs, and these are not the same as the duration. For example, there can be a single log to report on user activity of a few hours.

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Kfir,

Thank you for looking into this and for the explanation of color graph manipulation.

Please let me know when the updated widget "Duration" parameter will become available.

As to "Time Range" in the table, any suggestions as to alternatives?

The goal is to get users' remote access statistics daily report (at a minimum) and possibly a monthly and annual summaries.

Regards,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
Kfir_Dadosh
Collaborator

The duration will probably be fixes in the next version.

As for "Time range", what exactly do you expect to get. i.e. I was connected from 08:00-10:00 and from 14:00-15:30. 

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Yes, exactly that, with the duration aggregating the total time of those sessions.

0 Kudos
Kfir_Dadosh
Collaborator

Duration is clear.

What about time range? Do you want to see 2 lines for each session, or one with time range 08:00-15:30?

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

I suppose it is too much to ask, but ideally, if it was a momentary session interruption, i would disregard it and if it was more than set number of minutes, I'd like to see multiple lines.

If what I am describing above is too complex, than multi-lines describing each session, but still under single instance of user name.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events