Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Petar_Bajovic1
Participant
Jump to solution

How to use "cpinfo" command to upload just single file to Check Point User Center?

I get some files from fw monitor command (.pcap files) and I need to upload those files to my SR on User Center. I tried add those files as attachment to SR, but there is a 5MB limit, so I have to find some other way to do it (I want to avoid to ask for SFTP credentials from Check Point support). Thanks in advance. ‌ 

Petar

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Sorry... there is also a CLI version under sk84000

R80 CCSA / CCSE

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

I like using the Check Point Uploader (sk108152) utility. It is really easy to use and will allow you to upload anything to an existing Service Request.

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Sorry... there is also a CLI version under sk84000

R80 CCSA / CCSE
Petar_Bajovic1
Participant

Daniel, in this SK it says that this command (cp_upoader) is deprecated. I think that on my version of Gaia (R77.30) this command is moved under "cpinfo" command. Am I right?

0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Good catch! I missed that it said it was deprecated!

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Just use help Smiley Happy cpinfo -h 

All there, how to exclude generation of actual cpinfo and adding files

Petar_Bajovic1
Participant

Hi Kaspars. Thanks for the hint. I manage to do this with next command:

cpinfo -u <usercentar_username> -s <SR_number> -n -f <file_that_I_upload_to_user_center>

Once more, thanks.

Bye.

Petar

Václav_Brožík
Collaborator

Please note, that specifying the username using -u is not necessary when you specify the SR number.

Also I think it is important to know that the -f switch uses a very weird syntax when you are specifying multiple files. You have to write the file names as separate arguments ("words" separated by spaces) on the command line like

-f file1 path/file2 /absolute/path/file3

Normal Unix convention for the CLI switches is to take none or a single argument (not multiple arguments).

One more useful thing (especially when the upload takes multiple minutes): You can specify email addresses to notify about the finished uploads using the -e switch. This one follows normal Unix conventions and multiple email addresses are presented as a single argument. Addresses are separated by semicolons with no spaces.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events