cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeeBingKang
Advisor

how to update outdated capability - Harmony endpoint

Dear all,

Recently, i face a problem whereby my client's endpoints have some capabilities which are no updated. (you may see the "outdated capabilites.png").

I did click into each and see the status, i found out  those endpoints have updated their capabilities until 13 December 2022 (around 10 days ago).

For the anti-malware update, we can update it via push operation > update malware signature. However, I have no idea to update for the rest of the capabilities.

Hence, appreciate if you guys have any clues to update other capabilities in the screenshot given.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Which client versions are involved and what does the checkconnectivity.exe utility report for one of the impacted machines?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
LeeBingKang
Advisor

Hi Chris,

Those endpoints that involve this problem are in the client version of 86.80.0109. For the checkconnectivity.exe checking, I haven't do on one of those endpoint yet. Is that have another way to run the checkconnectivity.exe other than go to the front of the endpoint and execute it? thank you.

0 Kudos
neronidis
Explorer

Hello all,

i know that this is an old post but still without a provided solution and since i am facing the same problem i am just posting underneath it. 

Our endpoints run version 88.41 and we are facing the same problem. A very big number of outdated clients is shown on our operational overview. I managed to reduce the number for those endpoints that had the Anti Malware not updated by pushing an antimalware update to the selected endpoints. The outdated antimalware was also mentioned by windows defender (showing the red x on the icon). I want to add here that there is a BUGin the antimalware update function. I should at first initiate (push) a remote scan on the endpoints and then push the update for the signatures....but it has finally worked. Another thing about the bug is that our outdated clients were showing the 13th of December 2023 as the DAT file version and last update time.....

Now i have to deal with the outdated "Behavioral guard", "static analysis", "Offline reputation" which are not affected by the antimalware update. I also tried to do a client repair but didn't help either.

Running fixes locally is out of the question as mentioned above by another member.  

Can someone provide me with some advice other than to open a ticket (which will take almost 2 months to be resolved)? 

Thank you in advance for your time.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events