Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wenjian_Zheng
Participant
Jump to solution

Can't connect to management server via SmartDashboard

Hi ,

I have a clean installation GAIA 77.30 on Vmware,and I can open the GAIA webpage and setup the server as a primary managerment server. after that all finish ,and download the smartconsole via gaia webpage ,and install GUI ,but fail to connect managerment server.Error "connection cannot be initiated.Please make sure that the Server"x.x.x.x" is up and running and that you are defined as a GUI client .

1,I have off the windows firewall on my GUI client system.

2,I have set "any" access to the managerment server via smartdashboard

3,I have checked the GAIA system is running fine ,and the related process is ok,

4,I can ping from server to my PC and PC to server .and the time zone and date/time is same on both side .

I have checked many SK ,even if to change other PC to set up this ,and download a newer one 77.30 ISO image,but the problem still can't be solved ,could you help to advise  ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If this is a fresh install, it's a known issue.

Has to do with the fact we are setting the expiration date of the internal CA 20 years into the future...and that exceeds the Unix Epoch.

Refer to: Connectivity between SmartDashboard / SmartDomain Manager and Security Management / Multi-Domain Man... 

Fix: Install a recent jumbo hotfix.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If this is a fresh install, it's a known issue.

Has to do with the fact we are setting the expiration date of the internal CA 20 years into the future...and that exceeds the Unix Epoch.

Refer to: Connectivity between SmartDashboard / SmartDomain Manager and Security Management / Multi-Domain Man... 

Fix: Install a recent jumbo hotfix.

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

This is so funny, the subject has come up in conversation with my son about a month ago, but this is the first time I am reading about an impact of this issue in real life:)

0 Kudos
Wenjian_Zheng
Participant

Hi ,many thanks for your information .when I am ready to upload jumbo files ,and found no "Import Package" button,do you have some advice ?thanks.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Unless it's being blocked somewhere, the CPUSE portal should show GA Jumbo Hotfixes.

Why it's not showing on the WebUI, I'm not sure, but you should be able to do this on the CLI (e.g. installer import).

Wenjian_Zheng
Participant

Hi ,

Good day!

I have installed it by CLI successfully ,and then follow the SK ,the issue was solved .

Many thanks for your help and advise !

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Wenjian_Zheng
Participant

oh ,many thanks.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Just stepped into it: 3 hours later it dawned on me that I've seen this mentioned before.

No sooner than this was resolved, I am looking into Login to Gaia OS is denied with "CLINFR0819 User: admin denied access via CLI" error Smiley Sad

Except it being repeatedly reproducible with JHFA Take_159.

Since it's in VMware workstation, I'll be rolling it back and trying different JHFA.

0 Kudos
Kevin_Vargo
Collaborator

I ran across the same issue, but found that Avast (AV) installed locally was blocking the authentication request.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events