Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canuto14
Explorer
Jump to solution

CCSA exam - 156-215.81.20

Hello folks,

It's my first contact with Checkpoint.

I'm interested in taking the CCSA, but I can't figure out what's needed for studying.

Is there a specific guide for the exam? Where can I access the study material?

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Start here: https://training-certifications.checkpoint.com/#/courses/Security%20Administration%20R81.20%20(CCSA)

The best way is to attend one of the authorized training courses. If more questions, please let us know.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Start here: https://training-certifications.checkpoint.com/#/courses/Security%20Administration%20R81.20%20(CCSA)

The best way is to attend one of the authorized training courses. If more questions, please let us know.

seanmc12
Contributor

So...is there anywhere I can get a self-study CCSA Study Guide? I have looked all over and the only thing I keep coming up on is physical and virtual classes. I do NOT have $3000 to attend a class. I see study material for Palo Alto, Fortinet and a few others but ZERO for Checkpoint. I use CP Firewalls on the daily and support 10 of them. No way I'd be able to take off for 3 days.

0 Kudos
seanmc12
Contributor

So thats a NO. Thats awesome.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I can tell you, personally, though this is just my experience, so cant speak for anyone else, but the way I prepared for all my CP exams, and other fw vendors' exams as well was look at the topics exams would cover and then practise in the labs and google the topics, watch youtube videos about those topics. I always found doing your own labs gives you best chance to pass the exams. Most of the time, you just need to read questions carefully and take your time with the answers. 

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Admin note: we do not tolerate sharing and requesting of non-authorized training materials in this community. Please be careful with what you write. Thanks for understanding and for respecting our Community Guidelines  

0 Kudos
seanmc12
Contributor

Not sure if you read my post or not but there is nothing in my post suggesting, requesting or other ....any type of non-official study material. It is beyond comprehension that Checkpoint would not put out some kind of Study book or something in order to help the less fortunate succeed in obtaining certifications for systems they support. Its sad that I have to seek out the community forum to get verification that there is no material unless you take a class. Yes, I can look at all the topics and piece meal something together. But when you are the only Network Engineer supporting everything, that doesn't leave alot of time to spend trying to track down resources. YouTube videos are good, but you never know if you are missing something unless you have a study reference. I did find a single book from 2002 on Amazon.

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I did lots of googling for you to see if there was anything good I could find, but best I found was below...I recall seeing some pdf files in the past online, but does not appear those are available at this point.

Andy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUyYR1jbmUI

0 Kudos
seanmc12
Contributor

I greatly appreciate the effort. I've been doing a lot of searching myself but have ended up with the same sort of results. Thanks for trying though. I called my rep last night and they pretty much said the same thing. Just wierd

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Hi Sean,

the note was made after I deleted someone else's comment violating our policies.

If you are interested in purchasing just the official courseware without attending a full course, you can reach out to your local Check Point office. 

seanmc12
Contributor

Ah, sorry bout that then. It did strike me as kind of odd as I didn't think I had suggested anything like that. All good.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Apart from what @_Val_ said, I would check out an official CP youtube channel, lots of useful videos there as well.

Best,

Andy

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ccsa+study+material

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

The official CCSA courseware is the best study resource, but one other alternative is @Vladimir's book which is not really intended as an exam prep guide but covers many of the same topics as the CCSA class:  Check Point Firewall Administration R81.10+: A practical guide to Check Point firewall deployment an...

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I find yours and his book put together, THE BEST! 

Andy

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

Thanks Andy, my Max Power book doesn't really cover CCSA topics but does overlap CCSE to a fair degree.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I recommend your book to anyone using CP, I find its fantastic and super informative. Couple of customers even told me it helped them pass the CCSA exam. One of my colleagues bought it for the office and everyone refers to it when troubleshooting complicated issues, truly helps.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events