cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thuan
Participant

smart-1 cloud management

Hi Bro,

Currently, I am using a single SG5900. I want to use smartevent, compliance features to manage it now. On my opinion, cloud management is a good choice. Is it OK? What do I have to take note when using this solution?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Indeed it's a good choice for such an environment.

I'm sure others will share their personal experiences/feedback also to assist you.

Note in the interim the admin guide includes a section on limitations which you can review here:

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Infinity_Portal/WebAdminGuides/EN/Check-Point-SmartCloud-Admin-... 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
the_rock
Legend
Legend

We use it for 3 customers and its pretty good. One thing I wish CP would change about cloud mgmt server is to give ssh access to customers, so they can do more on their own if there is an issue. Having said that, I will say compared to how it is now to say 3 years ago, I would give it 8 out of 10. Thats my honest feedback for you.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Also, forgot to mention one important part. Say, just as an example, your firewalls are physically located in Singapore and say you travel to Argentina, you can log into CP portal, get access to smart-1 cloud and make change from 1000s of miles away, which is something you could NOT do with on prem management.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events