Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wanghong
Explorer

specify a host to access the internet through an ISP-2 line

When ISP redundancy is configured in the primary/backup mode, is there a way to specify a host to access the internet through an ISP-2 line?

Someone told me that this method is impossible to achieve, is that correct?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Primary /backup means all traffic goes through ISP-1 unless it is down. If you want some traffic to go the other way, you need a different mode.

0 Kudos
wanghong
Explorer

load sharing mode?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Yes. See sk42636 for more details.

0 Kudos
wanghong
Explorer

Perhaps you misunderstood my meaning, SK42636 seems unable to solve my problem. Do you mean 'load sharing mode' can solve this problem?
My question is: The client can freely choose the ISP line to access the internet, and select the line by setting the host nat.

As attached

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

The question is not clear at all. If you want to provide internet access to a specific population of internal hosts through a specific provider, yes, it should be possible, through Load Sharing mode.  

On top of the SK I gave you already, look into sk32225. Which is referenced in SK42636, if you missed it.

If you want your internal users to choose a specific ISP link by themselves, then no, it is not possible.

0 Kudos
wanghong
Explorer

Thank you very much for your patience.

I have read sk32225, which tells the story of certain traffic going out through the first ISP. I hope to set it up so that certain traffic can go out through the second ISP. Can it be set up like the attachment I uploaded, or in other ways, in load sharing mode?

Regards.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events