Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sagar_Manandhar
Advisor
Jump to solution

license query for NGTX

hi friends,

I have some query regarding NGTX license:

-does TE appliance requires ngtx license when there already ngtx license for existing gateway which will point to TE appliance ?

-does ngtx license refer to threat cloud, i.e we dont need license at all when we have purched the te appliance?

-While adding TE application to management does mangment required extra license for gateway?

Regards,

Sagar manandhar

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

You need an NGTX license on every gateway that is "extracting" the file, which means:

- If extracting files from the stream off HTTP/SMTP traffic running through the gateway, you need the license on this gateway

- If using MTA then on the gateway running the MTA

- If using ICAP then on the gateway running the ICAP server

You don't need an NGTX license on the device doing the emulation.

But if you are having MTA or ICAP running on the TE appliance directly, then it would need the NGTX license there.

Hopefully I could describe it understandable for you.

Regarding Management: TE appliances are handled like normal gateways, so yes it takes up one gateway of your licenses. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

You need an NGTX license on every gateway that is "extracting" the file, which means:

- If extracting files from the stream off HTTP/SMTP traffic running through the gateway, you need the license on this gateway

- If using MTA then on the gateway running the MTA

- If using ICAP then on the gateway running the ICAP server

You don't need an NGTX license on the device doing the emulation.

But if you are having MTA or ICAP running on the TE appliance directly, then it would need the NGTX license there.

Hopefully I could describe it understandable for you.

Regarding Management: TE appliances are handled like normal gateways, so yes it takes up one gateway of your licenses. 

Sagar_Manandhar
Advisor

thanks for the information. 

0 Kudos
Thomas_Werner
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Adding to Norberts description this is a visual view:

Regards Thomas

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events