Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcinw
Contributor

importing database slow connection MTU ?

Hi Guys

I have issue with traffic between Remote Access user and one of the server. The connection looks ok when I try download / upload single files, however it becomes really slow when users is trying import data from excell spreadsheet to program that is installed on this server. This program takes data from the spreadsheet and puts it into SQL database.  Traffic is not being inspected by IPS , threat emulation etc . There is no problem with internal traffic between host and server, only Remote traffic . I started wondering if it has something to do with MTU and fragmentation? On the outside interface we have MTU 1500 I believe RA virtual interface is 1320 .

What do you think ?

p.s just checked ping from remote laptop to the server and ping is working at 1322

thanks

Marcin

0 Kudos
6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I would definitely be careful when it comes to changing MTU, specially on external interface. as that can affect everyone. Is it just one user and that one server, or issue with multiple users? Just to be 100% positive, are you able to turn off securexl for a moment and test to see if it makes any difference?

See, with MTU size, what will happen is, if you lower the size of it, yes, packets will be smaller, but there will be way more of them and if you increase it, packets will be larger size, but lesser number of packets, so technically, that may result in more efficient transmission.

0 Kudos
marcinw
Contributor

hi ,

at this moment I can't disable securexl, however will take it into consideration for sure, thanks

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Understood.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

What encryption settings are used: AES-NI friendly i.e. not 3DES etc?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
marcinw
Contributor

encryption ESP: AES-256 + SHA1

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Wed 01 May 2024 @ 02:00 PM (EDT)

South US: HTTPS Inspection Best Practices

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)