Did you mean: 
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor
Jump to solution

IPv6 Proxy NDP (native NAT via R81 manual) - problem with IPv6 NAT with sk91905

hi guys

got a tricky one for you 🙂 wonder what would YOU do on my shoes if:

1. your manual ipv6 nat via R81 single gateway worked perfectly fine for months, now it has just STOPPED

2. you've followed that sk91905 but unfortunately that sk does not support R81 any longer?

3. your $FWDIR/conf/local.ndp files contained 3 public ipv6 addresses binded to the external gateway interface but ... that file wasn't actually needed? or is it? confusing so much

4. I've lost in my lab IPv6 proxy arp (proxy ndp) and nothing I've done to make this stoped working really 😞

anyone know the proper sk to follow with that? I've been dual stack for months with R81 and all worked MINT-PERFECT now.....

my UPS said that flat battery need to go and get replaced meaning that Gaia R81 was down for about 20 mins. till I've replaced that UPS with a spare one and put the power back to the rack. And this is when all started to get diff .... my IPv6 over R81 just suddenly stopped working. No other config. changes whatsoerver.

Question; checklist for ipv6 manual nat anyone? routing hasn't changed, hosts the same etc. ipv4 nat and proxy arp works fine just ipv6 proxy ndp stopped working meaning I cannot go native from the hosts to the internet via IPv6. Sadly I'm allowing myself to browse internet ONLY ipv6 and all what goes NAT'ed via that R81 goes IPv6 to the external world. Now ... I'm IPv4 since 2 days and since that power failure in the lab 😞

please help. 😛

Jerry
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Would be the best to take this with TAC, I believe

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks Val, I wish I could but TAC won't support my LAB S/N and most likely refuse to talk to me ... 

unless I'm mistaken I'm happy to report that if anyone from TAC see that post ... 🙂

Jerry
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

trying just now bear with me 🙂 good one Dameon, I haven't searched that one yet, let me try this just now!

Jerry
0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

works immediately after policy push 🙂 THANKS A BUNCH MY FRIEND !!! you're a TOP STAR @ CP !!!

Cheers guys and have yourself ALL a lovely day!

Jerry

Jerry
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events