cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Johnson
Explorer
Explorer

Zabbix template SNMPv2 with MDPS?

Has anyone worked with MDPS on snmpv2 and zabbix for discovery?  if I use the normal community string it gets mplane and with _dplane attached it gets dplane info.  I would like to be able to discover the Mgmt and Sync ports... Right now, other than adding the whole host a second time, I can't figure out a way to do this.

The community string is a variable, seems like I should be able to trim off 7 characters at the end  (to get rid of _dplane) if needed... but can't figure out how.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sarihunter
Employee
Employee

Hi Daniel,

You can use discovery rule in zabbix in order to play with the results you got

Since you get mplane and dplane info when requesting specific OID that means they share the same root OID, from there you can use "item prototype" in zabbix to get them separately according to your needs

discovery rules in zabbix are a huge advantage if you want to get tables or a lot of info from root OID then playing with it to get what you want.

If you need further assistance for configuring discovery rules send to me, here also the documentation from zabbix website : https://www.zabbix.com/documentation/5.0/en/manual/discovery/low_level_discovery/snmp_oids

regards

0 Kudos
Daniel_Johnson
Explorer
Explorer

yep, discovery uses one snmp interface on the host or the other, I cannot setup some network interfaces to use one and other network interfaces to use the other.  Even if using two different templates, I cannot get this to work.

You can reassign which snmp interface ont he host is run against an item, but not for LLD items it seems... so I cant discover on one and then reset to the other later manually.

Why does Check Point do this?  makes monitoring needlessly difficult.  In fairness this doesn't seem like a Zabbix issue since it also exists in Cacti, Nagios, Icinga, etc....

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events