Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adity12
Collaborator
Jump to solution

What is Best Practice for change interface, Which have been setup for SIC

Hi All,

I have some issues with my lab, which I want to change the external interface, and also as an interface for the first time, I set SIC from smartconsole and connected from management to the security gateway.

If I change this interface and replace with the other IP address, the status of the security gateway becomes lost but SIC seems established.

Then I reset SIC from an object that gateway and reset via cpconfig from that gateway. the result is successful but on smartconsole, that gateway still reads as "Lost" and I try to delete all related to the object ( policy, interface, object ) and re-add again with the same name. The result is successful but the license trial on that gateway is missing.

Does anyone have any idea about changing the IP address for an interface that has been used for setup SIC from management?

Thanks Regards

Dio Aditya P

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adity12
Collaborator

Hi @PhoneBoy 

Thanks for your help.

This issue has been resolved, and I just need to restart the management server and then the gateway is normal now.

Thanks Regards

Dio Aditya Pradana

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

SIC is not specific to an IP address.
That said, anytime you change the management IP, a policy push is required to all gateways.
The way to change the management IP is to change the Main IP in the management object.
If NAT is required to connect to the management, you must configure NAT in the management object.

Adity12
Collaborator

Hi @PhoneBoy 

Thanks for your feedback, as you said that SIC is not specific to an IP address.

Here is my schema for changing interface management on the gateway in my lab:

1. I have a gateway with the hostname Lab-GW-1 and have 2 interfaces ( one for the internet and one for internal )

2. On the internet interface will connect to the IP 10.254.1.x ( let's say, I first set up this gateway using 10.254.1.66 )

3. And then I want to change that IP address from 10.254.1.66 to 10.254.1.86

4. First, I will change the IP address on the interface internet to 10.254.1.86

5. Second, on the object I will change the IP address on General properties, Network Management, and then Platform Portal.

6. Third, publish and install to all gateways.

7. But after a few second that gateway become lost 

When the status of this gateway is lost, I still can push policy. 

Here is the status of the gateway after I changed the IP for the interface internet.

If my explanation still not clear, please let me know.

Thanks Regards 

Dio Aditya Pradana

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

This may be a cosmetic issue in SmartConsole.
Do you receive logs from the gateway after changing the IP and pushing policy?

0 Kudos
Adity12
Collaborator

Yes, i still receive log from the gateway.

here the capture, connection from management server to the gateway.

0 Kudos
Adity12
Collaborator

Hi @PhoneBoy 

Thanks for your help.

This issue has been resolved, and I just need to restart the management server and then the gateway is normal now.

Thanks Regards

Dio Aditya Pradana

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events