cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

Vsx backup virtual system settings

Hello fellow check mates

Despite the result of the following topic https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Enterprise-Appliances-and-Gaia/VSX-show-configuration-For-All-Vi...

I would like to know how do you backup your vsx gateway with multiple vs created  , seems like that the only option valid is snapshot management (won't help in case of hardware fault am I right?) or scheduled backup due to the fact that show configuration save only the configuration of vs0 , if you try to launch the command show configuration from a single vs it does not backup the configuration for the vs

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Simply put, the only local configuration on the gateway itself is the interfaces used for management, sync and bonding that need to be copied to a new box when you have a hardware failure. Next to that per VS you can have specific configuration that is related to dynamic routing. When you don't use that there is very little that needs to be backed up from the gateway itself. All the other config is stored in management.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Marco_Valenti
Advisor

thanks but it is not was I was looking for , anyway seems that the only way to execute command per vs is with clish -f (file with your command in)

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events