Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayM1
Participant

Smart Event and Log Server Replacement

I am looking to migrate our old smart-1 log and event server with another replacement smart-1 physical appliance.

Id like to keep the existing IP details does anyone have a step by step process on best way to migrate the old appliance out?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I dont know if there is an official guide per se for things like that, but what I always personally give to customers is this. We run something like this on existing server -> clish -c "show configuration" > /var/log/current_config.txt (you run this from expert and you can output it into any dir and give whatever file name, just keep txt extension).

Then, you get the file using winscp (make sure /bin/bash shell is enabled) , and it will have all the current config of the appliance, which you can copy over the new one, just make sure not to copy anything that might be different. (copy in clish mode)

I never had an issue doing it that way.

Hope that helps.

Andy

P.S. Now, IF this was say management server and you wanted to copy all the policies/objects over (import them I shall say), then you would follow below process.

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk135172

0 Kudos
JayM1
Participant

Thanks Andy, will give this ago.

This is just a secondary log server to management server.   

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

K, then I would follow clish method I gave, would make most sense. I mean, you could technically do backup/restore as well, but that would restore exact same settings, so would work, as long as its same type of hardware, as interfaces would need to match.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events