Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

Running Dynamic Dispatch / Dynamic Split / Dynamic Balancing on VSEC/IaaS in Vmware

Hi

I have been running Dynamic Dispatch since it was in EA and GA  on two cluster members on a physical 5800 appliances.

I am building infrastructure firewalls to protect my active directory security domains.

Today I upgraded my VSEC/IaaS cluster from 4 cores (1 snd and 3 fw cores) to be running 8 cores in total (2 snd and 6 fw) and it raised a reminder maybe I can too run Dynamic Dispatch on my VSEC/IaaS om my vmware VSAN datacenter environment.

Is that even possible or does it have to be physical hardware and not virtuel?

VSEC/IaaS are from the Cloud Guard VE iso / ova packages downloaded from Check Point support center and not installed as traditional iso with Gaia setup.

Dynamic Dispatch just works and ir splits the load between SND and FW walker. I was thinking maybe this will provide even better performance.

Looking for hearing your take on this..

Best Regards
Kim
8 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Hi Kim, 

For normal gateways dynamic dispatcher has been around since R77.30 and not to be confused with dynamic balancing/split which is a different but complimentary feature.

Regards,

Chris

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

Hi @Chris_Atkinson 

I mean Dynamic Split and you would enable it CLI with the command "dynamic_split -o enable” 

Best Regards
Kim
0 Kudos
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

@Chris_Atkinson 

I found this article too here at Check Point and I see questions been raised too about openservers and iaas.

Dynamic Workloads in R80.40+ TechTalk: Video, Slid... - Check Point CheckMates

Best Regards
Kim
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Currently sk164155 states only appliances are supported.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

And that's generally the case.
It may work on VMs but I don't think it's been QAed as of yet.

0 Kudos
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

Hi Dameon,

How then can we get RnD / QA to work on this and test it if no one requests it?

Best Regards
Kim
0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Taking a step back would we rather these things scale like they do in public cloud?

Point being there are different ways to potentially address something like this.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It is something being worked on last I heard, but don't know exactly what the timelines are.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events