cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fjulianom
Advisor

PBR route vs connected route

Hi guys,

I know PBR takes precedence over the IP routing table. But does a PBR route have precedence over a connected route or only over static and routing protocols learned routes? Is this CP behaviour or standard behaviour?

Regards,

Julián

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Like any other route with a higher preference, it will take over when there is a smaller subnetmask. So when your interface has a /27 mask and you add 1 or 2 PBR routes with a /28 that overlaps the interface route it take the PBR.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
fjulianom
Advisor

Hi Maarten

But what happens when the connected route has /27 mask and the PBR route has /27 mask as well?

Regards,

Julián

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Then the interface route will take preference, it always has the highest priority.

Regards, Maarten
fjulianom
Advisor

Ok, last doubt, in this two cases:

1 - Static route with /27 mask and PBR route with /27 mask? Which will take precedence?

2 - Static route with /28 mask and PBR route with /27 mask? Which will take precedence?

Regards,

Julián

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

1 - to my knowledge the PRB will take preference.

2 - easy the /28 will take preference over a /27 irrelevant here is the type of route. Smaller mask will always take preference over larger mask.

Regards, Maarten
fjulianom
Advisor

Hi Maarten,

It seems it has nothing to do with masks. PBR will take precedence over static and connected routes. Check this:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/Policy-Based-Routing-and-default-route-features/t...

It happened to me two days ago, PBR took precedence over my connected routes!

Regards,

Julián

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events