Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martijn
Advisor
Advisor

Multicase fails with error 'Drop due to no multicast listener'

Hi,

At a customer I need to replace a Cisco router with a Check Point gateway and multicast is involved.
We have configured Gaia with the same settings as the Cisco router and created a rule base.

But when migrating from Cisco to Check Point, multicast stops working and it seems we are missing something.
I performed a 'zdebug' and got the following message:

Drop due to no multicast listener

Could not find anything relevant within the community or knowledge base.

I have to be honest. Configuring multicast on Check Point is not something I do every day. 
So I hope one of my fellow community members can help me with some tips and tricks.

Does anyone seen this message before? What does it mean? Is it a Gaia OS issue or a firewall issue?

Thanks.

Regards,
Martijn

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
Martijn
Advisor
Advisor

Hello,

I have configured PIM and IGMP (static groups) on the Gaia OS and multicast is going through. So it seems to be OK.

But...when configuring a static group in the egress interface, all multicast stream on the ingress interface are being forwarded. Customer has a lot of camera's sending multicast streams and with this configuration, they are all send to the egress interface. This is not something the customer would like to have.

They want the multicast stream to the egress interface only when a client is requesting that stream. Is this something that can be done with in Check Point and Gaia?

Regards,
Martijn

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events