cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DennisTheManace
Participant

LOM Compatibility

Hello,

for an End of Sale but still HW supported Gateway CPAP-SG5200 I want to Purchase a LOM Card.

According to Datasheet it needs to be an CPAC-LOM-B which is not listed in Product Catalog anymore.

Can I instead buy and insert an CPAC-LOM-C which is currently available or is LOM-C not compatible to SG5200 ?

Regards,

Dennis

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Generally, no.
Accessories for End of Sale appliances may still be available.
Your Check Point partner should be able to acquire with us directly on availability. 

0 Kudos
DennisTheManace
Participant

Hi Phoneboy,

thanks for Answering, in Fact I am a Partner and asking for one of my customers. It took a week but now one Distri answered that LOM-B can be ordered from CP. But, Listprise is nearly twice as much as LOM-C, awesome. Good to know that here is qualified Help available. Local Channel SE had no ANswer, TAC has no ANswer and needs to ask R&D, Account Services does not know and points to lacal Channel SE, ... it took me one week to get result 😄

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Answer is yes, you can try, but 100% not supported and probably would void the warranty, so I would take phoneboy's advice.

0 Kudos
DennisTheManace
Participant

Interesting Point, I will ask the customer if he wants to gamble and buy cheaper LOM-C and just give it a try or instead use more money to get legacy but supported LOM-B.
I would think driver support is included in GAiA the only thing I could have imagined that the PCI Interfaces changed in anyway, from PCI 8x to 16x or such things...

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats fair, but as long as they know its not officially supported, so there are no surprises : )

0 Kudos
Dolev
Employee
Employee

Hi,

CPAC-LOM-C and CPAC-LOM-B have different mechanical FF, see attached images.

You can also check the LOM installation guide https://downloads.checkpoint.com/dc/download.htm?ID=46024 - See the difference installation between 5200 and 7000 (for example).

P.S

Seen an internal question that was raised, if the SE is Martin J. please check again with him as he received a reply.

Regards,

Dolev

0 Kudos
DennisTheManace
Participant

Many Thanks, very good Answer. We came to the point trying to get an LOM-B here as we are not wanting to make Experiments in Productive Environment.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events