cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kriminal73
Explorer

Issue during migrate old cluster to new on

Hi to all,
I would like to replace my two Check Point 5100 with the 6200P I just purchased. I installed the first 6200P, configured the network interfaces, connected the network cables of the standby node to the right interfaces, performed the SIC with management, modifying the cluster hardware from 5000 to 6000 (same R.81.20) and installed the policies. Install policies works only without check mark "If installation fail do not install on that cluster" otherwise the installation fail. The error refers some problem on the network interfaces that I can't identify, seem well configured.
I noticed that the "Sync" network interface ("Sync" on the 6200 and "eth1.7" on the 5100) is not marked as a trust interface on the 6200.
Could it be due to this? If so, how do I make it become a "trust"? Thank you. Regards

0 Kudos
8 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

0 Kudos
Oliver_Fink
Advisor
Advisor

Did you change the topology in the cluster object (and install policy after that)? You have to do this if interface names change (e.g. "Sync" vs "eth1.7").

Kriminal73
Explorer

Yes, the topology was changed and the policies were installed without the "if fails" flag.

I'll have to try power off the working 5100 as suggested by the previous post, but I don't want to do it remotely.

I'll try it as soon as I get back to the office.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I see what @Oliver_Fink is saying, topology has to match, make sure to do "get interfaces WITHOUT topology". 

Andy

0 Kudos
Kriminal73
Explorer

Done.

Smart console tells me that all ports except the sync port have been changed (pencil icon).

I checked them one by one and didn't notice any changes.

After that I installed the policies with the flag "if fails.." with same results, if I remove the flag "if fails.." the policies are installed. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Can you verify interfaces do match for new cluster?

Andy

0 Kudos
CheckPointerXL
Advisor

0 Kudos
Kriminal73
Explorer

After powered off the 5100 the 6200P works like a charm without downtime.

No issue after the configuration of second 6200P, sync port it's now trusted and cluster xl working.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Thu 11 Jul 2024 @ 10:00 AM (BST)

CheckMates Live London

Tue 30 Jul 2024 @ 05:00 PM (CEST)

Under the Hood: CloudGuard Controller Unleashed

Thu 11 Jul 2024 @ 10:00 AM (BST)

CheckMates Live London
    CheckMates Events