cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin-Aparicio
Explorer

I want split my license

Hello

Actually I have a Open Server with Security Gateway and Management Server in the same Open Server, I'm going to migrate a new version with two server, one for Security Gateway and other for Management Server. What happens with my current license? Is it possible split in two? because I understand that the license depends on the server IP.

Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Typically the licenses cannot be split but Account Services will be able to advise regarding your specific scenario (license/SKU).

Regards,

Chris

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
mdjmcnally
Advisor

If you are using a Bundle that contains a Management and a Gateway License and is for Open Server then absolutely no need to Split the license.

If you look in SmartUpdate then will see two parts.

1 for Management and 1 for Gateway both currently attached to your Standalone Box.

Simply use Central Licensing and use the IP of the Management Server.

Build your Dedicated Management Server and then import the License into the System.

Attach the Management Part to the Management Server then Attach the Gateway part to your Gateway Box once established SIC.

When you have a Gateway License whether OpenServer or an Appliance then part of that goes on the Management Server and Part on the Gateway.

See absolutely no need to Split the license here.

Martin-Aparicio
Explorer

Thanks for your reply.

I have an another question, Is it possible to change the ip address associated with the license?

Regards

0 Kudos
MrSaintz
Contributor

Yes you can, there's a limit to it, once you achieve this limit you'll have to ask to reset the counter through an account service request.
Carlos Santos
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events