cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kosin_Usuwanthi
Collaborator

How to see heavy connection on SND

Hi

I found only some core CPU on SND alway high usage and need to know what IP address consume this core.

Can I see the connection detail  like command  "fw ctl multik print_heavy_conn"  for firewall instance.

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

Not exactly, but you can use the fwaccel conns command to see all connections being tracked by the SND/IRQ cores.  The "Inst" column will show which SND/IRQ instance each connection is associated with.  The command fw ctl multik gconn can also be helpful for figuring out which CPU connections are located on as well. 

The "Top Connections" screens of cpview are only available for Firewall Worker instances.  You can try poking around under Advanced...SecureXL in cpview but the information you are seeking does not appear to be readily available. 

There is a known issue that causes severe SND/IRQ CPU imbalances, does this apply to you: sk165853: High CPU usage on one CPU core when the number of Remote Access users is high

Imbalanced SND CPUs can also be caused by Multi-Queue balancing issues and not necessarily be due to elephant flows, see sections 4.1.4 and 4.1.5 of this relatively new SK: sk167553: Performance Investigation Procedure - How To

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
Kosin_Usuwanthi
Collaborator

Thank you @Timothy_Hall 

I have no use vpn on the gateway but I think my issue like this sk161072.

Not sure the algorithm about multi-queue for balance packet to cpu same with "CoreXL Dynamic Dispatcher".

My gateway is version R80.40 Hotfix 89.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)