Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_Saun
Contributor

How to create Vlan trunk on 5000 series appliance

I need to create a vlan trunk with several vlans on a 5000 series appliance (cluster). I'm having trouble understanding how I configure it in the Gaia GUI. Do I add a new Bridge, Bond? I reviewed the documentation but it seemed to focus on Access Mode and Trunk mode.

If someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mdjmcnally
Advisor

You simply create a VLAN Interface and select the interface that want the VLAN Interface to be on.

In the Webui

Network Interfaces

Add Interface

VLAN

Asks to fill out the VLAN ID, ie the Tag and Member of which is the Interface want to create the VLAN interface on.

Repeat until defined all the VLANs for the Interfaces.

Note that it is not supported to create VLAN Interfaces on an Interface that has an IP assigned to it.

0 Kudos
J_Saun
Contributor

Thanks.

So once you do that (create and add vlans to specific int) it automatically becomes a trunk?

0 Kudos
mdjmcnally
Advisor

Yes Check Point doesn't have a concept of Access Mode or Trunk Mode for the Interface,

Once you add a VLAN Interface then the connecting switchport should be configured as a VLAN Trunk.

If no VLAN Interface added then connecting switchport should be configured in Access Mode and assigned to a VLAN.  The Firewall see's the traffic arrive untagged.

0 Kudos
J_Saun
Contributor

Ok. Page 75 of the Gaia R80.20 config guide talks about Access and Trunk mode which confused me. Is there another document that details the steps you specified above? Just want to have the CP doc's.

0 Kudos
Peter_Wilhelmso
Explorer

Thats on Bridge interface ("VLAN traffic can pass through a Bridge interface in Access mode, or in Trunk mode".

Have a look at the section "Configuring VLAN Interfaces - Gaia Portal" a few pages up.

Regards.

0 Kudos
mdjmcnally
Advisor

Same Document, directly above where talks about Access and Trunk when used with BRIDGE mode.

Talks about how to create VLAN interfaces.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events