Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wizzolo
Explorer

How to block Tor with native checkpoint feature under VSX?

Hi All,

some years ago I've used the sk 103154, and all worked well. Now i've seen the SK with well know limitation "Not supported on VSX Gateway ".

I don't want use script custom or other  solution not official approved (in production enviroment can be  a risk ).

How is possibile that a product leader of security doesn't have a specific block in some blades  or feature (ips, applcontrol,dshield  etc) that can help to block Tor in automatic way on VSX that is a common solution in a big enviroment ?

I've contacted the Tac and the answer was  create a Request for Enhancement,  just me with this problem ?

Reading this forum I don't think so

Thank you

A.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You should be able to use Updatable Objects for this which will work in VSX.
We have a community solution for this: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Scripts/tor2json-bash-script-to-download-TOR-file-and-save-it-in...
@Micky_Michaeli shouldn’t we have this as an official Updatable Object?

0 Kudos
wizzolo
Explorer

Hi,

thank you, but on your link I see "

Disclaimer: Check Point does not provide maintenance services or technical or customer support for third party content provided on this Site, including in CheckMates Toolbox. See also our Third Party Software Disclaimer."

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's using a supported feature of the product (Data Center objects) using a list we provide that has been transformed into a JSON file of the appropriate format.
The script itself obviously isn't supported, but the mechanism used to perform the blocking is definitely supported.
Obviously, if we make it an Updatable Object, then the level of support would not be in doubt.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events