Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bernardes
Advisor
Jump to solution

High load CPU

Hello Mates!

I was deploying Check Point in an environment where we were migrating the client's firewall solution. We were working on some rules and suddenly noticed that CPU usage became extremely high.

Can you help with any tips for troubleshooting high CPU usage?

Have any way to discover the exact moment that the high CPU usage starts to compare with some rule or something like that?

I attached some images.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bernardes
Advisor

Hello friends @Sorin_Gogean @the_rock thank you for your help!

The amount of traffic was not really normal for the environment, but I believe it was some kind of bug. After applying JHF take 94 and rebooting the appliances, everything went back to normal.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sorin_Gogean
Advisor

Hey @Bernardes ,

So, there is no such thing like "discover the exact moment that the high CPU usage starts to compare with some rule or something like that" .

From the pictures, I can say that the number of CPU's seems a bit low - for me at least - considering how much traffic you have there - like 3-5Gb one way and 300-600K packets .

Also you seem to have ALL POSSIBLE BLADES enabled, is that really needed . 

For the access list installation, it's normal to fail, when the system is loaded - and in your case the CPU is HIGH on couple of processors out of 8.

You should provide more details on what you are trying to achieve, is the 5Gb sustained traffic normal for that environment? Is the box sized correctly ?

Thank you,

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Maybe run below, see what you get:

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk172229

Otherwise, we would need outputs of below commands:

free -m

free -g

ps -auxw

cpwd_admin list

cpview (look for cpu section)

fw ctl multik print_heavy_conn

Also, you can run below:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Scripts/S7PAC-Super-Seven-Performance-Assessment-Commands/td-p/4...

Andy

(1)
Bernardes
Advisor

Hello friends @Sorin_Gogean @the_rock thank you for your help!

The amount of traffic was not really normal for the environment, but I believe it was some kind of bug. After applying JHF take 94 and rebooting the appliances, everything went back to normal.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good job! 👍

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events