Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin_Seeger
Collaborator

H323 Hop Count being inspected?

We are using R80.30. After an update from JHF 219 to JHF 228 we suddenly had a near complete outage of all H323 calls. There was no Drop, Reject, Detect or Prevent in the log file.

When we checked SK153152, we noticed the following change in JHF227:

PRJ-16286,PRJ-16287,PMTR-58322: NEW: Added support for HopCount field in H323 protocol. Refer to sk169513.

This seemed the only change mentioned with any relevance concerning H323. So I took a look at the Hop Count in the troubled calls:

hopCount: 31

According to https://www.packetizer.com/ipmc/h323/whatsnew_v5.html the H323 HopCount has only 5 bit. So 31 is the max HopCount.

My suspicion here is: Check Point drops the packet because HopCount is exceeded or modifies the HopCount.

Can someone confirm or deny my suspicion? How can I tell the gateway to ignore the hop count?

Thanks in advance, Martin

0 Kudos
4 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

I would advise to raise a TAC case for this.

0 Kudos
Martin_Seeger
Collaborator

Already opened the TAC case two days ago. Specifically asked this question yesterday morning.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I assume if you can trigger this issue, you can see the precise reason for it being dropped with something like fw ctl zdebug drop | grep x.x.x.x

0 Kudos
Martin_Seeger
Collaborator

Replication is possible, but that would disable 800 telephonse for the duration. That's why I would first try to get the question answered ;-).

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events