Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jberg712
Collaborator

Google Searches Odd Behavior

I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has been experiencing similar issues.  We've had several users indicate to us that when they do Google searches and attempt to click on a link, it just hangs and spins.  You can click the address bar and hit enter a couple of times or re-click the link a few times and it finally goes to the link.  I can take the system out from behind the firewall and everything works seamlessly.  I've even put a troubleshooting rule to allow all outbound for myself to test and I still experience the same issue.  Strangely enough, if I use firefox, I don't experience the issue.  It's in Edge and Chrome which led me to believe a recent update occurred to created a problem.  But again, when I take the system out from behind the firewall, everything works fine.  So I don't know if there's a component in Chrome/Edge that CheckPoint is struggling with parsing or what.  Again, even adding a rule that allows all outbound access doesn't change the behavior.  Has anyone else come across this behavior?

0 Kudos
39 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Mine shows 8.45 am, but probably cause im in EST, but yes, thats it, date is the same.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It seems there is an issue when URLs that are longer than 4096 bytes are encountered, according to TAC cases that mention a similar error.
Not sure this limit can be increased without a code change, which will definitely require TAC.

0 Kudos
jberg712
Collaborator

Is this something fairly new that's been happening?  Has there been an SK or bulletin posted referring to this yet?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It appears this is recent from the limited number of TAC cases that mention this error.

0 Kudos
Lesley
Leader Leader
Leader

Regarding this error that has been posted before.

[ERROR]: rad_kernel_urlf_request_serialize: string len =4288 bigger than max 4096;

You say you see TAC cases with these error. Are the cases also related to issues to access Google services with HTTPS inspection? Or this error is related to any websites not Google specific?

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The only way to see the full URL with most traffic is HTTPS Inspection.
It's not clear from the TAC cases if Google Services were involved in this or not.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just curious, are you blocking quic protocol or not?

Andy

0 Kudos
jberg712
Collaborator

Yes we are blocking QUIC.  We actually disable it through Group Policy.  I did test with it on and the google searches with QUIC are doing better but that's probably because it's not being inspected.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

100% true...I tested it many times and blocking quic literally does nothing if proper bypass is not in place. Honestly, I would open TAC case and provide the debug.

Andy

0 Kudos
Lesley
Leader Leader
Leader

Can you try to whitelist *gstatic.com instead of the Google services in the bypass?

How is for example maps.google running after this?

-------
If you like this post please give a thumbs up(kudo)! 🙂
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events