Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slayasty
Explorer
Jump to solution

Cannot successfully login smart console after new installation (R81.20 take 631)

Hi All,

I am testing in a lab environment with GNS3 and after a fresh installation I cannot seem to be able to login to the smart console.

In the smart console credentials work fine, it loads the UI and then it says "the connection with the server was lost. Any unsaved changes will be preserved".

This used to work and then suddenly it did not so I tried re-installing the checkpoint server from scratch but same issue.

This is the error from the logs on my PC;

[20] [26 May 2024 15:07:08,823] (ERROR) CP.Infrastructure.DLE.MgmtServerExceptionsHandler - SocketException has been thrown  ErrorCode='10060', SocketErrorCode='TimedOut'

[20] [26 May 2024 15:07:08,824] (ERROR) CP.Infrastructure.DLE.ActionAnalyzer - Failed to get the creation permissions list from the server.An error occurred while receiving the HTTP response to https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:19009/cpmws/ObjectCrudSvcRemote?wsdl. This could be due to the service endpoint binding not using the HTTP protocol. This could also be due to an HTTP request context being aborted by the server (possibly due to the service shutting down). See server logs for more details.

[1] [26 May 2024 15:07:15,339] (ERROR) CP.Infrastructure.DLE.MgmtLoginViewModel - GetLoginNextProgressStatus try to get next value, when there are no more values

[1] [26 May 2024 15:07:15,391] (AlwaysLogged) CP.GuiInfrastructure.Troubleshooting.WebComponentsStatisticsManager - /smartconsole/#/env/smc/widget/mwc.client.invisiblewidget|displayExpertModePopup=True&remindMeTimestamp=-1&showOfflineModeExpertModePopup=True - Browser Created

[1] [26 May 2024 15:07:15,391] (AlwaysLogged) CP.GuiInfrastructure.Troubleshooting.WebComponentsStatisticsManager - /smartconsole/#/env/smc/widget/mwc.client.invisiblewidget|displayExpertModePopup=True&remindMeTimestamp=-1&showOfflineModeExpertModePopup=True - Browser Created

[1] [26 May 2024 15:07:15,427] (ERROR) CP.Infrastructure.DLE.DleQueryManager - The facets responses do not match the facets requests.

[1] [26 May 2024 15:07:17,504] (ERROR) CP.GuiInfrastructure.WebComponentHost - Certificate Validation Error. SslInfo invalid

I can use the webUI fine with the same credentials. I can telnet to port 19009 just fine aswell so not sure what it he issue

I have also tried this suggestion https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk127572

Any takers on this?

Edit on this, found out that if i install smart console on a brand new PC that never had smartconsole installed and connected, it successfully connects. However as a test i have re-installed checkpoint from scratch and now the same error. So it looks like there is something on the machine itself causing this.

Uninstalling and clearing out all registries,folders does not fix this. is there a specific certificate that gets installed on the PC?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
slayasty
Explorer

the issue turned out to be gns3 itself. i have created checkpoint as a seperate vm and it worked normally. thanks for the assistance anyways!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Let's rull out the frequent issues first, before diving into other details. 

What are the parameters of your VM? RAM, HD size, number of CPUs. Also, did you run through the first-time wizard and define it as a management server?

0 Kudos
slayasty
Explorer

Yes i did go through the first time wizard. It was working normally and then suddenly it did not (the first time). then i tried re-installing the iso in gns3.

As for parameters i am running the console on my actual PC.

I do have a VM to run the appliances. it has 12gb ram, 6 cpus and 100gb of disk space so resources is not an issue.

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

This reminds me of a similar issue we handled a few years back. In that case it was because of the GSN3 version. 

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/Smartconsole-force-closes/td-p/69994#.XfD-Xcps804...

Please notice that GSN3 is not officially supported:

https://www.checkpoint.com/support-services/hcl/ 

0 Kudos
slayasty
Explorer

Thanks for your input. I will try downgrading gns3 just in case and see where that goes.

Unfortunate that it is not supported especially for testing some things out/etc and not effect productive environment

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Please send outputs of api status, cpwd_admin list and $FWDIR/scripts/./cpm_status.sh

Andy

0 Kudos
slayasty
Explorer

the issue turned out to be gns3 itself. i have created checkpoint as a seperate vm and it worked normally. thanks for the assistance anyways!

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good job!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events